News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nitcore vs thermacell

Started by wchadw, September 03, 2024, 07:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wchadw

Anyone used the nitecore?
I got one and it's about 1/3 the size of my thermacell. It's rechargeable. No butane. Uses same pads.
Seems to take longer to heat up but I can tell it's on with light. Sounds like full charge is about half the time of a thermacell butane. I just got tired of putting a new butane in every time I used thermacell because I'd forget to turn it off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tail Feathers

If you can't remember to turn the Thermacell off, how you gonna remember to re-charge that when you get home?
I like the size but if it dies in the woods, you are stuck without.  Sometimes that isn't an acceptable option.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

GobbleGitr

Worst trouble I've had with Thermacell is getting them to light. I've tossed a couple as they simply won't light anymore. Will give this a try-thanks for heads up

wchadw

Quote from: GobbleGitr on September 04, 2024, 08:50:48 AMWorst trouble I've had with Thermacell is getting them to light. I've tossed a couple as they simply won't light anymore. Will give this a try-thanks for heads up
Yeah. I click it a couple times. You can look in it and see if you see a flame. This has a blue light that shows when it's on

wchadw

Quote from: Tail Feathers on September 03, 2024, 08:24:20 PMIf you can't remember to turn the Thermacell off, how you gonna remember to re-charge that when you get home?
I like the size but if it dies in the woods, you are stuck without.  Sometimes that isn't an acceptable option.
It's got a blue light when it's on. I can charge it in truck instead of making sure I have extra butane
Can also bring a battery pack and run it off the battery

joey46

Nice to have an alternative.  The propane cartridges always a PIA.