turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

World Record Price?

Started by Tom007, September 02, 2024, 08:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Had to share this. Heres an 870 Greenleaf used condition, highest bid right now is $7,525.00. Could this be the new world record sale for an 870? There's 3 days left?

Turkeybutt

Wow! They must really want that shotgun.

outdoornut

How may y'all want to buy at half that? I'm having a sell!

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

boatpaddle

Quote from: Yoder409 on September 02, 2024, 09:07:14 AMFor an 870 ??

:TooFunny:
I was thinking the same thing..

More money, then common sense!!

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

Greg Massey

I saw a couple of the older 870's at a gun store last week and they were asking around 600 dollars for those ...

King Cobra

It sometimes is easy to get caught up in a bidding war. Hope all involved are ready to write that check.
Thanks to all who share this great passion and the wealth of knowledge you bring to this board.

Tom007

greentrout

I really love my 870. But not THAT much
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

Gooserbat

Makes me consider parting ways with my 11-87
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Dr Juice

Quote from: Gooserbat on September 02, 2024, 07:00:45 PMMakes me consider parting ways with my 11-87
Love my green leaf 11-87.

zelmo1

Could it be a crooked/ crazy seller trying to drive up the price? My wife works at an auction house and I hear some stories, lol. People making "dummy bids" on their own stuff. Z

Turkeybutt

It could be Z, ya never know. Why would anybody pay that much for an 870
(unless it was made for somebody special like John Wayne or somebody like that) when you can pick them up for 800 or 900 if that.

Better hunting experiences through aggressive spending!

aaron

I haven't seen one sell that low in 7-8 years.  Yeah guys find a steal here and there where the seller doesn't know what they have, but sales of guys that know what these demand are going for $1500 and up
Quote from: Turkeybutt on September 03, 2024, 07:05:55 AMIt could be Z, ya never know. Why would anybody pay that much for an 870
(unless it was made for somebody special like John Wayne or somebody like that) when you can pick them up for 800 or 900 if that.

Better hunting experiences through aggressive spending!

capecodmike

It will be interesting to see if it actually transacts.