turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

This Thing We Do....the good, the bad and the ugly

Started by eggshell, July 21, 2024, 06:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lcmacd 58

A friend of mine told me 1 time that the good Lord only makes so many sunrises so I intend to see as many as I can ..... it took me a long time to understand

Dougas

Quote from: Lcmacd 58 on August 12, 2024, 09:19:10 AMA friend of mine told me 1 time that the good Lord only makes so many sunrises so I intend to see as many as I can ..... it took me a long time to understand

Actually, he made sunrises for every day to eternity. He made you for only so many of them. Enjoy them while you can.

zelmo1

We all find our own meaning and motivation to do our shared passion. But at the end, I think that heart pounding excitement of hearing the gobble in range is why I do it. Not the "bang", thats the result. Just the feeling I get when I reach my goal. Very nice thread Egg. You hit a lot of notes for us all. Z

YoungGobbler

Hunting gobblers is a beautiful thing for the overall experience.

ddturkeyhunter

Great stories and reflections of all of you's who love to be in the out doors.Who love to hear the thunder of the gobble alone. To have had a successful hunt just to have called one in and left it walk away for another day, For just that reminder this time of year. Now I will just go back into the weeds to reeds your post because everyone else.dose a much better job then I do. Just want to say thank you all for keeping the memories alive.

Dougas

I am still hearing gobbles in the morning from my resident toms and jakes. In the evening too. Not like the spring, but still enjoy hearing them throughout the year. They roost about 150 or less yards from my house depending on the tree they choose that day.