OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Making a little progress.........

Started by Tarheel, July 16, 2024, 07:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarheel

It was 105 in my shop today. Today air conditioning was added to my bucket list of items I need for turkey callmaking. I need to turn some more ABW, but I know I shouldn't until it gets cold weather. I got the idea of using hand sanitizer to cover hands and arms before turning the ABW trumpet yelper, and it definitely helped. I still got a mild rash, but I know it likely would have been a lot worse without it.

These are ABW and B&W ebony.....so now I need to make a large batch of mouthpieces to be able to finish up some more.

outdoornut

Very nice!

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

boatpaddle

Beautiful pair of calls, Sir

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

Crowstalker

Very nice looking calls.  Take your time making them. I don't think there is a rush for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

callmakerman

I thought about working for a little while in the garage on some box calls, but with this heat I said the heck with it. You are definitely on a roll Marvin. Very nice work. Let me know when you're feeling it for working on Turpin boxes again.

Will

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

KYTurkey07

Beautiful trumpets. Very nice work!

EZ

NYturkey

Very nice work.

sbbow

Very nice!

fishr64

GobbleGitr

3bailey3

Very nice work Marvin, I was in a store that sells grills and seasonings and they had two fans running that you put ice or frozen water bottles in the bottom and I was amazed at the cold air they were puttung out, small one was $100 and the bigger one was $170, my buddy was in there and got the second to last one in the small size and I would have got the last one but box was beat up bad, guy said he sold a hundred this week, I will be going back to see if they get more in! I think it might help some of you guys that work out in hot shops!

Tarheel

Quote from: 3bailey3 on July 20, 2024, 06:46:03 PMVery nice work Marvin, I was in a store that sells grills and seasonings and they had two fans running that you put ice or frozen water bottles in the bottom and I was amazed at the cold air they were puttung out, small one was $100 and the bigger one was $170, my buddy was in there and got the second to last one in the small size and I would have got the last one but box was beat up bad, guy said he sold a hundred this week, I will be going back to see if they get more in! I think it might help some of you guys that work out in hot shops!

Thank you for the suggestion!! I will do some research and see if I can find anything like that around here. We've had a little rain the last couple of days....now we have to deal with the heat and humidity...LOL!!