OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How Many Days...?

Started by GobbleNut, July 14, 2024, 09:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Planned to hunt 10-20 if the body allowed that much but life had other plans and I was not able to hunt at all this year. I got to snap this picture going down the road though, so that made me happy, I have been shooting them with my camera the last two or three years instead of my gun anyway. The full sized version of this picture looks so much better but did not want to mess up anybodies download. link will take you to full sized and many of my other pictures as well. https://www.viewbug.com/photo/103478995

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tail Feathers

18 or 19 days as I recall.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Dougas

I planned for ten days. I refuse to hunt out of state, so it was just our seven week season for me. I carried a gun during season for three days ending up with three turkeys.

King Cobra

I don't keep track of the days scouting or hunting. However, scouting for me usually starts around the beginning of March while shed hunting. Once my home season opens I am out there almost everyday weather permitting. Like many here I look forward to this all year long and spend as much time in the woods as possible.
Thanks to all who share this great passion and the wealth of knowledge you bring to this board.

zelmo1

Just hunting was 10/10. Ten with a gun and ten without. 13 Toms, total for us all. No youth hunter this year for the first time ever. Z

TrackeySauresRex

Like I always like to say. If you can count 'em, it ain't enough. But usually between 12/15 some seasons I'd get a 20 in. Not bad for 3 states over the 6 weeks.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Happy

It's Prolly about 14 days total in the woods. I always plan for more, and with work, it just never seems to work out like I plan. It sucks being good-looking and important.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Zobo

For me about 16 days I think, but I can only hunt until noon and no Sundays. So some of those "days" were two hours,three hours. Four birds this year, a really good season for me.
    But I too am extremely important, way, waaay more than Happy, although I might have to concede on attractiveness.😆
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Old Swamper

I hunt alone, and could not give a rats a## about hunting out of state. Was fortunate to hunt just about everyday of my state's 6 week Spring season, and 2 full weeks in the Fall. Been like that almost every year. Good Lord made me a Turkey Hunter. It is what I do, and what I live for. ;)

LB75

52 days this season missed a few from bad weather. I do not work during April and May so hunt every day of my home state and then hunt a few other states.I've averaged 50-60 days each spring for the last 12 years long before any "tours or projects" lol.

YoungGobbler

Quote from: Old Swamper on July 23, 2024, 09:48:14 AMI hunt alone, and could not give a rats a## about hunting out of state. Was fortunate to hunt just about everyday of my state's 6 week Spring season, and 2 full weeks in the Fall. Been like that almost every year. Good Lord made me a Turkey Hunter. It is what I do, and what I live for. ;)
Are you retired?

Old Swamper

Quote from: YoungGobbler on July 27, 2024, 11:20:12 PM
Quote from: Old Swamper on July 23, 2024, 09:48:14 AMI hunt alone, and could not give a rats a## about hunting out of state. Was fortunate to hunt just about everyday of my state's 6 week Spring season, and 2 full weeks in the Fall. Been like that almost every year. Good Lord made me a Turkey Hunter. It is what I do, and what I live for. ;)
Are you retired?
No Sir, self employed. Early Fall and Spring are turkey season. I am a turkey hunter and plan work accordingly

YoungGobbler

Quote from: Old Swamper on July 28, 2024, 05:07:15 PM
Quote from: YoungGobbler on July 27, 2024, 11:20:12 PM
Are you retired?
No Sir, self employed. Early Fall and Spring are turkey season. I am a turkey hunter and plan work accordingly
That's good. Not always easy to leave work when you are self employed, sometimes it's even harder than when being an employee.

arkrem870

I hunted 24 mornings and listened an additional 4-5

Was down a little due to not drawing two states I hunt annually.
LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS

310 gauge

Only went 4 times as back issues kept me home. Was able to call in a first gobbler for my 9 yr.old Granddaughter and another nice gobbler for my Son. Unfortunately back surgery is in my near future.