OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

John Dangerfield

Started by outdoornut, June 25, 2024, 12:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outdoornut

Does he still make trumpets?

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

davisd9

Yes, but Unicoi is about the only way to get one and they go fast
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Will

I tried contacting him and was unsuccessful. I was told the same thing about Unicoi. The mouthpiece design is intriguing.   

nitro

Intriguing in what way?

John Builds a very nice yelper. The ones I own play real well.
Royal Slam 2008

Will

Intriguing in terms of the notch in his mouthpiece. I've never played one with the notch, however I don't own one, so I am assuming all of his are made that way. I have certainly become better at playing yelpers since I have been practicing on them for so long. This past season I used a yelper as my primary call and was very successful. If you don't mind. could you post a picture of the one you have from him?       

MossyOak92

Quote from: Will on June 27, 2024, 06:19:15 PMIntriguing in terms of the notch in his mouthpiece. I've never played one with the notch, however I don't own one, so I am assuming all of his are made that way. I have certainly become better at playing yelpers since I have been practicing on them for so long. This past season I used a yelper as my primary call and was very successful. If you don't mind. could you post a picture of the one you have from him?     
I believe all of his gave the notched mouth piece. Here is mine.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

Ctate94

Quote from: MossyOak92 on June 27, 2024, 09:55:42 PM
Quote from: Will on June 27, 2024, 06:19:15 PMIntriguing in terms of the notch in his mouthpiece. I've never played one with the notch, however I don't own one, so I am assuming all of his are made that way. I have certainly become better at playing yelpers since I have been practicing on them for so long. This past season I used a yelper as my primary call and was very successful. If you don't mind. could you post a picture of the one you have from him?     
I believe all of his gave the notched mouth piece. Here is mine.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk
That's purdy

War Nock

Jesus
Its better to know him before you meet him.
Stop ,drop, n roll will not work in hell
        (unknown)

MossyOak85

Nice looking call!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkey stew

davisd9

John's craftsmanship is top notch. I would like to find one as well to give a try.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer