turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Affinity 3

Started by Parrot Head, June 23, 2024, 01:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parrot Head

I just bought one in 20G with the pistol grip.  I put 10, 2 3/4 shells through it and none ejected.  I bought some 3 inch pheasant loads shot 8 and none ejected.   I took it to gunsmith and he broke down and clean.  He fired and no ejection,  he said it looked like the 3 inches tried.  I know I can send it back but I am trying to avoid that.  I would rather pay him if its not to much to fix.   He didn't have long to look at it as he was leaving for ALaska Cruise.   Anything I can tell him to look at or look for.   He  is a good GS just trying to point him in right direction and save him some time.

THanks

King Cobra

I own the Affinity 3 Turkey gun 24 inch barrel with the pistol grip. My gun will not eject 2.75 inch shells, however the gun has no issues with 3 inch magnum loads. 
Thanks to all who share this great passion and the wealth of knowledge you bring to this board.

JeffC

Search in the threads, think someone had a "fix" for this. I have close to 30 rounds thru mine, still won't cycle 2 3/4" shells. But I only shoot them before season making sure green dot is still on target. No problem with 3". Guys have said Federal 3" shells won't work due to hull being longer. Hope you can work it out, great gun, love mine.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Bottomland OG

The gun definitely has a problem because I have one that will cycle anything you put through it and has since day one.

Parrot Head

If anyone comes across the fix please let me know.   I have searched all over google for a fix

Thanks

Franklin7x57

Is there a break in period? Mine cycles 3" fine except for Federals, too long. Won't cycle dove loads.

Parrot Head

magazine.
Caution - Warning
When using the firearm for the first time, before it starts working perfectly, a short running in period may be required, using standard load cartridges (three or four boxes), even with light target loads.
The magazine is intended to contain 1-2-3 cartridges according to the regulations in force.
Including the cartridge in the barrel, the firearm capacity is 2-3-4 shots.
-

From the Franchi Book

JeffC

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Parrot Head

So would that issue also effect shells not ejecting?

Parrot Head

So GS called he could not find anything wrong with gun.  I get home run some low brass through it and it ejected one of them.  I had bought some 3 inch mag loads.  I ran 8 through it ejected all of them. I then did some sighting in with turkey loads until my shoulder got sore.  It ejected everyone of them also.  I have shot out to 50 yards so far with a great pattern.  When heat breaks and my shoulder feels better i will shoot it at 60.  Thanks for all the help