OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

ATI turkey fowl .410 barrels have different POI

Started by Kingwoodsman, June 11, 2024, 07:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingwoodsman

Anyone experienced different POI and have suggestions other than sending back?
He is no fool who gives up what he can not keep, to gain what he can not lose. (Jim Elliot)

Ihuntoldschool

It's an over/under shotgun and is to be expected.  They all do that.

Aim a little low when you shoot top barrel.  Aim a little high when you shoot bottom barrel.

Ridge Rooster

I have 2 ATI Turkey Fowl's a 20ga and a 12ga.  In each I have an Indian Creek Choke in top barrel for long shots and use a more open choke in bottom for close.  My 20ga had near perfect barrel regulation when top barrel was sighted in at 40. My 12ga had the bottom barrel shooting 6" low at 30 yards.  I started the filing method and moved POI to near perfect.  PM me for more information.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

compton30

Quote from: Ihuntoldschool on June 12, 2024, 02:04:59 PMIt's an over/under shotgun and is to be expected.  They all do that.

Aim a little low when you shoot top barrel.  Aim a little high when you shoot bottom barrel.

Maybe all double guns from ATI do that. A well made double gun will have barrel regulation that has the same point of impact from both barrels at the same distance.

Ridge Rooster

My CZ Reaper Magnum was way off. It is currently back at CZ. We will see what happens.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Tom007

My Browning Cynergy over-under Turkey only has about a one inch POI difference between the two barrels. I sighted in my Red Dot with the bottom barrel. I did play around with different chokes in the top barrel. I use the spreader choke if I want to have one long range and one closer range choke. In the early season when the woods is more open, I use 2 long range chokes. I have heard that some over-unders can have a big difference in POI between barrels, I just lucked out and got a good one. I do notice that my 2 barrels are very close together on the ends, thus resulting in little difference in POI.

This is both my long range chokes in my over-under....
"Solo hunter"

ChesterCopperpot

I guess my question would be different POI at what range? Perfectly regulated barrels would still have different POI outside of the yardage it's regulated to (typically 40yds, I believe). Meaning if you shot both at 20 or both at 60 they'd shoot different POI. That's natural for them to shoot different horizontal planes on a SxS and different vertical planes on an O/U. Where you'd run into trouble is either of those vice versa.

My SxS shoots true vertically which is great but given what I want that gun to do requires holdover to compensate for the regulation. The tight barrel is sighted in for 40yds and that requires that I hold about five inches or so left with my open barrel at 10-20yds which is the range that I want that open barrel to shoot. What I'm getting at is that, just like all turkey guns, you're asking the shotgun to do something that it wasn't exactly designed to do, whether that be shoot like a rifle or whether that be have two barrels that shoot true to a single POA but at two different, desired yardages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Here s pattern pics of my Cynergy over-under with 2 long range chokes at 35 yards...
"Solo hunter"

3bailey3

My ATI 20 gauge is really close at 20 and 40!