Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Ended with a bang

Started by callaway71, May 27, 2024, 08:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

callaway71

Season ended yesterday for us. My son wanted to give it a go one last time this weekend. Turkeys have been very active in the evenings so we headed out Saturday to some public. Got on one with a hen but no luck. He wouldn't work for us. After the storms Sunday we headed back out. Found three with several hens and decided to give them a try. We moved into position and had a little luck on our side. The gobblers split from the hens and came right in for my son. 20 yd shot and he filled his last tag. So proud of him this year. Three birds down and I think the fever has hit him. He's learned a lot this year about turkey hunting. It hasn't been easy and he kept at it when time allowed. Can't wait to see his growth next year. He's been practicing his calling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roost 1

Congrats to you both... future member of Roaring 20s!! Now get him some good ammo. I kno a guy...

FullChoke

I love photos of smiling kids with recently deflated gobblers. 3 congratulations go out to this future Roaring 20's young team mate! Well done father and son!

Cheers  ;D

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

zelmo1

You had the best season bro, awesome. Z

afhunter1

It's so special hunting with your kids.   I have two boys that turkey hunt (23 & 16).   Those are my favorite hunts every year.  Now they want to go on their own and leave dad behind.  Fun watching them become men. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffC

Congrats to the young hunter, thanks for sharing.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

3seasons

That's awesome, Congratulations to both of you.

xarcher

That's how you do that. 

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

cannonball

Way to get it done, huge congratulations to you and your son!