Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

It ain't looking good

Started by RutnNStrutn, May 15, 2024, 05:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Well guys, it ain't looking like we're going to be able to pull off back to back titles. While we've been battling back and forth with the Killer Bees, the Roaring 20's came from out of nowhere to take the lead. They got a 69+ point gobbler this morning to bump them up to 599.3152.
Their haul includes four 65+ and two 70+ gobblers. Pretty darn impressive.  :icon_thumright:
We still have a chance with Will, Doc J, Mountainburd, Trackey and me prowling the woods. Still we would have to collectively get at least 28 points of upgrades to win, and that's assuming they don't get any more upgrades. That's why I say, it ain't looking good. But I'm not giving up yet.  :funnyturkey:

Will

I'm still plugging away. I was hunting Monday and struck a bird around 9 in the morning. He was getting close, and the last gobble was probably within 70 yards. The landowner decided to drive the property and bumped the bird. I couldn't get on anything the rest of the day. 

Tom007

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on May 15, 2024, 05:18:06 PMWell guys, it ain't looking like we're going to be able to pull off back to back titles. While we've been battling back and forth with the Killer Bees, the Roaring 20's came from out of nowhere to take the lead. They got a 69+ point gobbler this morning to bump them up to 599.3152.
Their haul includes four 65+ and two 70+ gobblers. Pretty darn impressive.  :icon_thumright:
We still have a chance with Will, Doc J, Mountainburd, Trackey and me prowling the woods. Still we would have to collectively get at least 28 points of upgrades to win, and that's assuming they don't get any more upgrades. That's why I say, it ain't looking good. But I'm not giving up yet.  :funnyturkey:

Wish everyone luck on closing in on the Roaring 20's. They do have an impressive average score, well deserved birds for sure. With that being said, good luck to all who are still hunting. Congrats to the eventual winners, and we all can agree that it was another fun-filled year of laughs, great stories and pictures of some fine gobblers! Kudos!
"Solo hunter"

TrackeySauresRex

I've been stalking there scores the whole way. They been slamming some big noggins.

Shoot! We only need two 70 spots and an upgrade. We got em right where we want em again.  :funnyturkey:

Good luck All.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Hayudog

We made a great run at it if nothing else!  The Roaring 20's have had a fantastic season. Got to give it to them for that!  Late season is the time to kill the big boys. Best of luck to the few that are still chasing.

TrackeySauresRex

Good day today... I actually had one answer a few times. It almost sounded like he wanted to play. Then he changed his mind. Tomorrow is another day.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on May 16, 2024, 07:32:59 PMGood day today... I actually had one answer a few times. It almost sounded like he wanted to play. Then he changed his mind. Tomorrow is another day.
Good luck Johnny!! Schwack a 70+!!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Twowithone

Go get that 70 Johnny show em what you got. :OGturkeyhead:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

TrackeySauresRex

Went over my basic math skills today. 70 x 0 is still Zero!  We're going to have fun with this one fellas.
:funnyturkey:

Deputy 14

We've had a heck of a good run at it anyway.

RutnNStrutn

TrackeySauresRex

Had one today that wouldn't shut up. I thought it was going to happen. Still grinding away.

RutnNStrutn

Keep after them Johnny. I haven't heard a gobble in almost 2 weeks. I think they're done down here.

TrackeySauresRex

Thunder boomers almost had an assist today. Still snake bit and grinding away.