OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

RedHead Bayou III Waterproof Side-Zip Snake Boots

Started by g8rvet, March 28, 2024, 02:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g8rvet

Said I would write a review once I had them for a while.

I wear 11.5 EEE so I ordered the 12 Wide. I have average calf size for my size, so can't speak to those that have cankles :) (or elephant legs as we tell my nephew)

Due to ankle injuries, it is a little tight to get around the corner, but once in, the ankle support is great. Easy off.  Thought they would be hot, but not as bad as my neoprenes I like for the swamp bottoms or dewy fields.  Hunted hilly terrain this year and they have performed very well.

The only thing I do not yet know is how long they will last, but if I can get 3 turkey seasons and 8-10 quail hunts out of them, I will gladly pony up again for them.  Used points from my Bass Pro card to get them, so I am very pleased. I would use these boots if they were not snake proof as they are real comfortable. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

rni

Wear the same boot.  Have been very pleased overall.  On my second pair.  The soles came apart on first pair but after several years

Muzzy61

Same boot for me. I hunt Florida so I wear them year round. I normally get a bout 3 years out of them.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr