turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

From season to season

Started by King Cobra, March 27, 2024, 02:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Cobra

From season to season do your Turkey guns usually stay "on" or do you have to adjust your sights?
Thanks to all who share this great passion and the wealth of knowledge you bring to this board.

mlee3553

I have never had any issues with them being "off" year to year, but I still shoot them to check regardless. I could see issues arising with new boxes of the same ammo if they changed up the recipe some.
In wildness is preservation of the world so seek the wolf in thyself

Ihuntoldschool

They'll be fine long as you don't knock them off.

As far as ammo just luck of the draw you might get the right lot # or wrong lot#.

dzsmith

I pattern every year with both guns , but I've personally never knocked one off. I've rechecked mid season before after taking a tumble with the gun.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Marc

Bead has stayed in the same spot since I bought the gun.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

King Cobra

Quote from: Marc on March 28, 2024, 02:04:59 AM
Bead has stayed in the same spot since I bought the gun.
I wish I could say the same but unfortunately over the years my eyes have not withstood the test of time.
Thanks to all who share this great passion and the wealth of knowledge you bring to this board.

Yoder409

I always take a shot to check.

I have yet to have one move on me.

Had one move on me DURING the season..........   Cost me a beautiful Merriam's.  Piece of crap ($275)  Weaver optic.   :character0029:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tom007

I start off every March with boots on the ground Scouting/listening and a few hours of shooting/patterning my guns. I really enjoy shooting, practicing setting against a tree off my knee gets me ready for the "time of truth"......
"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

I have never had a problem with a gun / sights from one season to the other. Now if i drop the gun or something becomes loose, i will put it aside and use my backup gun. It's more about using good common sense by checking your equipment from year to year...

If I decide to change chokes or ammo, I will surely check my gun for POA/POI ... before using it for the upcoming turkey season..

I also believe in carrying / transporting  my guns in a good gun case from the house etc .. I know some who never use a case and just pile stuff all over their guns in the truck. I'm a firm believer in using my gun case myself, it's just good insurance in my opinion with protecting your guns / sights ...

jhoward11

Usually good from year to year, but will always check a few shots in spring.

Muzzy61

Always check, but can't remember having to resight.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Swamp_870

My 3 year old knocked mine over (in the case and unloaded) and it landed directly on the red dot. it dented the frame and chipped some of the glass on the top of the sight. I shot it afterwards and it's shooting like nothing ever happened. Burris Fast Fire 3

jimmyg97

I'm always down to pull a trigger so patterning my gun before season is just another excuse to get some trigger time in.