OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Last week of March Osceola tips

Started by Zach.Hannigan, March 19, 2024, 11:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zach.Hannigan

If anyone has any tips that'd be greatly appreciated and noted. I'm going down to be above highway 70 in florida. I opted to skip the 1st week hoping that the 2nd week number of people will ki d of taper off a bit. Driving down this Saturday and going to hunt sunday-friday. I know those birds get ramped up late February early March so what should I expect as far as behavior of those birds last week of March? Are they typically henned up that time? I imagine the hens have already laid quiet a few eggs and some may even be sitting on their clutch when I'm down there. I know from what people have said to not overcall to them although I'm not one to believe you can overcall. You just have to know when to say the right thing and say nothing at all. But this place gets serious pressure and I'm sure the birds are gonna be stingy with their gobbling and vocalization. If anyone has any insight as to their behavior thanks in advance.

joey46

Saturday morning they were actively following any hen in sight.  Did see a few hens earlier that were probably nesting.  In a week or two they should be lonely.  Good luck.

Zach.Hannigan

Quote from: joey46 on March 19, 2024, 11:28:50 AM
Saturday morning they were actively following any hen in sight.  Did see a few hens earlier that were probably nesting.  In a week or two they should be lonely.  Good luck.
Thank you buddy.