turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I Hate Poachers

Started by HunterMan, March 16, 2024, 04:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HunterMan

Sitting on a pasture surrounded by woods that only I can hunt. Have a large gobbler abut 400 yards across from me and he and a few hens were coming my way. When he got to about 300 yards...Boom some criminal to my left shoots him with a rifle and runs out and picks him up and runs back in the woods with me hollering at him whole time. Called the sheriff and never found him. Very mad and fustrated the deputy did not even want to go back in the woods.

mcw3734

I'm sorry to hear you had that experience, what a terrible way to start the season. Something like that leaves a taste in your mouth that doesn't easily go away.

People like that never go out of style, unfortunately. Glad you called law enforcement, too bad they didn't catch him.

Zobo

What a complete loser! I guarantee he's boasting about his "great hunt." 
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Happy

That sucks man. I wish you would have caught him. I severely dislike those types of people. Worthless

Good-looking and Platinum level member of the Elitist club

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

The Lung

Sounds like some of the "hunters" on SE Oklahoma.
"Dear Lord, may our will be pure and our aim be true. Amen"

Guskie

Unfortunately that sounds like a pretty typical MS turkey hunt

Turkz39

Call the game warden not the sheriffs office. 

Turkz39

You should get a little different response from a game warden, Hopefully

Gooserbat

Someone needs to learn a lesson about manners. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Gobbler-one

Sickens me to hear something like this. I hate you had to experience it and glad you weren't in this idiots line of fire. Hopefully his deeds catch up with him and he's caught. I hope the rest of your season is more peaceful and enjoyable.  Everyone stay safe out there.

zelmo1

Slobs everywhere bro. You go out and have a great hunt tomorrow, good vibes your way. Z

dzsmith

Quote from: Gooserbat on March 16, 2024, 06:32:37 PM
Someone needs to learn a lesson about manners.
hard to teach a lesson, when a fine  and maybe a short suspension is "the worst" they can do to you
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Mossberg90MN

That's pretty wild... bummer the warden didn't feel like putting any effort into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aclawrence

These criminals need stiffer penalties. The kind that would actually make other poachers pretty fearful of getting caught. I'm sorry that happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eggshell

They can levy some pretty hefty fines and seizures here in Ohio. You pay a standard fine, and after that you pay restitution for the animal. There's a scale of value and on deer it is set by the total inches of antler on a buck, that can get really high as in the thousands. After that they can ask for seizure of all the gear and even vehicles used and license suspensions. I think almost every state now honors License suspensions for other states. Trouble is they are slow updating the data bases. The value of a gobbler is $750.00 and that is added on top of fines. Poaching a gobbler will cost you in excess of $1,000.00 here, but idiots still do it thinking they'll never get caught. Then they whine and cry unfair when they get caught.  Always call a game warden, sheriffs only look at it as nuisance trespass and don't want to mess with it.

https://codes.ohio.gov/ohio-administrative-code/rule-1501:31-16-01