OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

28 GAUGE SA-28 & SBE3

Started by Ranger007, February 23, 2024, 04:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranger007

Shot a few today to check things out.

Added a Fast fire on the SA-28 and first TSS turkey loads through the SBE3 28 both with Indian Creek .520

UArctos901

How was the recoil comparable to 410 single shot or a little more ? Also what load were you using. Huge fan of the 28 I been looking at both these guns actually for my son who is 12. You shot the benelli using the bead only no fast fire ? Sorry for all the questions just excited to see a test ran on it for turkey.

Dr Juice

Those 28s are real impressive at 40-yards. Thank goodness I do not need another turkey gun ... at the moment

sasquatch1

Very impressive 28ga patterns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ranger007

Out of either  light 28 gauge guns with the 1 5/8 oz it kicks more like a 20 gauge. I have shot a 1 3/8 or 1 1/8 load that would be more like the kick of a .410

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ranger007

The Super Black Eagle 3 28 I'm shooting bead only. I had a speed bead for it with a venom but decided not to go that route for now.

It seems to shoot a little low at 40 yards off the bead.  I may play with the shims and shoot it a few more times. Will more than likely be a backup gun for now with the 26" barrel and Indian Creek choke it is about 6-8" longer than the compact SA-28.

UArctos901

Ranman

Those are nice patterns. UA, I wouldn't hesitate to get your 12 y/o the SA28. It performs well with the lighter loads, 1 3/8oz of TSS is lights out for OL Tom.

Ranger007

I shot a few light loads early on. This is the only pic I could find 1 5/16 oz. this was with a Carlson X Full .520 it would be a great load for kids lighter recoil still plenty of pattern.

ncturkey

I have you tested any of the Fox Trot 9.5's?

Ranger007

I have not tested any commercial loads, only hand loads.

I have some 9.5's and 10's may roll some of those up in the lighter loads 1 5/16 or 1 3/8 oz  for youth hunters/ less recoil.