turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Be careful on EBay, watch shipping cost

Started by Tom007, February 19, 2024, 04:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Lots of assumptions in this thread. I have no idea who the guy was but I also did not bid so not much of my concern.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Zobo

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Zobo

Quote from: davisd9 on February 19, 2024, 08:41:51 PM
Lots of assumptions in this thread. I have no idea who the guy was but I also did not bid so not much of my concern.

Assumptions? ...Facts !

Ranger

Yikes, never saw those. I only saw wood trumpets that were authentic. The location says Ringgold GA. The serious collector whose name I was told this is, he's located more than an hour away from there, this is not him. However he does have high end calls and is being mistaken for this guy
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Bedge7767

The guy you know got the guy in Ringgold to sell them for him.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Jim

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Ranger

I do remember a few years back several Cost boxes being pulled from an auction, reported by several, only to later be validated and declared authentic and real Cost boxes. Something about Sharpie or some kind of pens being used.
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Zobo

Quote from: Ranger on February 19, 2024, 08:50:45 PM
I do remember a few years back several Cost boxes being pulled from an auction, reported by several, only to later be validated and declared authentic and real Cost boxes. Something about Sharpie or some kind of pens being used.

Yes I remember that too, but I think it was determined that Neil did in fact use those types of sharpies occasionally. I could be wrong on this

Zobo

Quote from: davisd9 on February 19, 2024, 08:50:34 PM
The seller is on this forum.

A "newer" Farmer should come with the appropriate paperwork from Zack. The right booklet, poem sheet. Certificate of authenticity that states materials used and model type/name, year,  signed by Rev. Zack. I have that stuff and mine was made years before 2021. That's a late Farmer he's "selling" and it should have ALL appropriate documentation. AND, seller needs to answer questions asked!

davisd9

Quote from: Zobo on February 19, 2024, 09:01:51 PM

Mine came with the appropriate paperwork from Zack. The right booklet, poem sheet. Certificate of authenticity that states materials used and model type/name, year,  signed by Rev. Zack. I have that stuff and mine was made years before 2021. That's a late Farmer he's "selling" and it should have ALL appropriate documentation. AND, seller needs to answer questions asked!

Many seem to come with paperwork, maybe he bought that one second hand and it did not.

I do not know the seller. I know enough about him to think he had legitimate calls. Some had some flags on them that make you wonder, but to just outright say it was a scam, I think, is a bit much.

Zobo

Quote from: davisd9 on February 19, 2024, 09:16:51 PM
Quote from: Zobo on February 19, 2024, 09:01:51 PM

A newer Farmer should come with the appropriate paperwork from Zack. The right booklet, poem sheet. Certificate of authenticity that states materials used and model type/name, year,  signed by Rev. Zack. I have that stuff and mine was made years before 2021. That's a late Farmer he's "selling" and it should have ALL appropriate documentation. AND, seller needs to answer questions asked!

Many seem to come with paperwork, maybe he bought that one second hand and it did not.

I do not know the seller. I know enough about him to think he had legitimate calls. So had some flags on them that make you wonder, but to just outright say it was a scam, I think, is a bit much.

Well I'm not saying that, but for such high end calls you need to at least have the appearance of legitimacy. I would never bid on any of those calls as presented. But I'm very wary and cautious.
Thats a very young Farmer, it's not likely that the guy who was able to acquire it, whether the original owner or subsequent owner/s would not have the paperwork. It's too young to not have those important documents attached to the sale. So for that reason alone it's a dog.

runngun

YES, that's the guy that I bid on several pot calls a-ray whatever. I was winning bidder, but they have disappeared!!! Thanks to whoever reported his account. WHEW
Can't be too careful. Some people are greedy and don't have a conscience.

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Tom007

I want to set the records straight on this thread. I decided to post this subject in an effort to bring awareness to the forum members regarding items on EBay that appeared to have discrepancies in shipping costs. I never have, or never will create or get involved with a controversial post here, It's just not me. I enjoy the forum too much. As for any assumptions or accusation's insinuated here, I think most of our good standing members here are just looking out for one another as a close-knit "Fraternity" should. I felt the "early facts" here were justification enough for someone to bring an awareness to this situation. I'm sorry if anyone thought this thread was anything other than a topic of awareness regarding call purchases. I guess in the end it proved to have Merritt as all the calls "disappeared"from the site. If these sales were legitimate, I'm sure they would have went through the auction process and everyone would have been happy. Enough on this, have a great season.....

Ranger

No sweat Tom, always good to bring up something that looks fishy. Fact is in this case every single call was legit, and a lot of the sales did go through. Thousands of dollars worth. My only guess is the seller wanted to sell them without anyone knowing where they came from, which brought about more questions of course. As far as the authenticity of the calls, they were the real deal including the Cost box, which is why it went north of $2K.

runngun

I don't know what happened with the seller/buyer or why the items disappeared. Maybe the owner didn't like the final prices offered. Or maybe a change of heart. I  read my post and I apologize for my part in my apparent rush to judgement.I should not have done that without knowing more.
Whoever the seller/buyer is definitely has great taste in calls. I  had placed bids on 2 Kenny Morgan calls, around $100 when starting so I kept bidding. Once at $305 I stepped back. It shows now that they sold for $500 +.

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.