turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Be careful on EBay, watch shipping cost

Started by Tom007, February 19, 2024, 04:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

I thought as soon as I saw this, SCAM came to mind.  Insurance could run the cost up but..  Buyer Beware!

runngun

I am pretty sure that I bid on some of his calls, I am going to double check. I think that it 8 pot calls. 3 or 4 are good ones. I will keep y'all posted. He has a lot of calls listed.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Tom007

Quote from: bbcoach on February 19, 2024, 02:05:15 PM
I thought as soon as I saw this, SCAM came to mind.  Insurance could run the cost up but..  Buyer Beware!

Something just seems out of kilter to me. I'm surprised EBAY doesn't throw a flag with no history on this kind and value of merchandise.  The 2 Watkins Trumpets have significantly different shipping fees? Strange...Again, I hope it's legit and everyone is happy in the end.....

Bedge7767

Jim

doublespurs21

it is the same thing on other items being sold now..... deer antlers , archery stuff and lumber,, that i noticed, just not only turkey calls.

Sir-diealot

I have been on ebay almost since it started and that is nothing new, ebay can charge for price of item but not charge for shipping fees so they put and outrageous shipping price up to counter the price of ebay fees, has been around almost since the beginning. Oh and you won't get the shipping cost back if you return it because Paypal and ebay do not cover them. If you see a good price and an outrageous shipping fee do not deal with that seller, they are trying to rip you, Paypal and Ebay off.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tom007

Quote from: Bedge7767 on February 19, 2024, 05:23:27 PM
Now the new listings are gone.

RED ALERT! ALL THE LISTINGS ARE GONE. MUST HAVE BEEN A SCAM. HOPE NO ONE GOT BEAT.....

Thanks Jimmy....

Greg Massey

All of those listings were nothing more than a scam... We have been learning a lot, these past few months on the forum about these scammers ... Thanks Shannon for sharing how all these scammers operate...

Tom007

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 19, 2024, 06:44:16 PM
All of those listings were nothing more than a scam... We have been learning a lot, these past few months on the forum about these scammers ... Thanks Shannon for sharing how all these scammers operate...

Amen my friend.....it's a shame that some people did buy some of the items from him.......

Tom007

Looks like he sold over a thousand dollars worth of call before he pulled out.......

Zobo

Quote from: Tom007 on February 19, 2024, 06:50:04 PM
Looks like he sold over a thousand dollars worth of call before he pulled out.......

Good catch, Tom.
I noticed this too and sent the seller a question about the item, which was not answered, at that point I knew I would not be bidding on anything, strike one.  The paperwork for the Farmer trumpet did  NOT match the trumpet being offered, strike two. And the AI wording sales pitch was so weird along with the incongruous shipping costs as you pointed out was strike three.
Nice heads up Tom!

And if it's not a scam, get you s**t together brother before you go ahead and try a sell highly desirable merchandise that you know nothing about to a very wary and sharp consumer base.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Ranger

Those calls were not a scam. If it was the name I was told he has a huge collection and has been collecting calls for a long time. Story is that so many reported the sales as questionable that eBay froze his sales.
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Bedge7767

Does this look legit?

Jim

Sir-diealot

One sad thing about eBay is that you used to be able to go to a person's profile and see how many accounts they had had, what their feedback was for each account they had had, and how long each account had been open for, you can no longer do that and that is a pity.

Sent from my SM-S136DL using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Bedge7767

Or this?

Jim