turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Be careful on EBay, watch shipping cost

Started by Tom007, February 19, 2024, 04:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Just wanted to make you all aware that there are some high end Trumpets on EBay right now that people are bidding on that have very high shipping costs. One is a Permar, and one is a Watkins. The shipping costs are $98.73 on the Permar and $77.16 on the Watkins. Just wanted to let you all know to watch for that...

Yoder409

Must be gonna buy them calls their own seat on an airplane to get them to the winning bidder.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

bowbird87

That's crazy! He got some heavy hitters posted.

davisd9

Depending on what insurance is with those calls, that may not be as high as one would think. I have paid close to $100 in shipping on a call because of the insurance cost.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Tom007

Quote from: davisd9 on February 19, 2024, 07:23:05 AM
Depending on what insurance is with those calls, that may not be as high as one would think. I have paid close to $100 in shipping on a call because of the insurance cost.

Good point, I did not think of Insurance....

Greg Massey

Insurance costs could possibly be some of that cost... Last I looked the Zach Farmer trumpet was around 4850.00 dollars in bids ...  It's a Woodwind Wild Turkey Caller (2021) African Blackwood my only question is why is the shipping cost so high on a couple of the others ones and he's only charging 14.20 cents for the Farmer trumpet in shipping cost . Interesting anyway ... Thanks for sharing Tom... I agree that the cost of shipping is a little extreme on a couple of his listings ...

Sixes

Does anyone know the guy or whose collection he is selling?

He has a bunch of high end calls for sale and zero feedback

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sixes on February 19, 2024, 09:41:33 AM
Does anyone know the guy or whose collection he is selling?

He has a bunch of high end calls for sale and zero feedback

I don't know the guy personally, but I have been told he has been on the forum before / user name ...

btodd00

nice collection he has for sale, having zero feedback sure isn't scaring people away from bidding like I would have thought

Zobo

If you read the descriptions of the calls they seem AI generated. They are certainly not written by anyone who really knows turkey calls. They're kind of funny, especially the Farmer write up. "It's perfect for those who enjoy the thrill of hunting and want to bring home a turkey."   :TooFunny:
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Tom007

Yes, agreed the write ups do not seem to be from an avid turkey hunter. Real nice collection, hope everyone that buys is happy....

Bedge7767

The owner of the calls has someone selling for him. Neither of them knows much about calls. The original Watkins call he was trying to sell was listed wrong and I finally got it took down before someone got screwed over on it. The owner of the calls has been on here before but only as a buyer.
Jim

Zobo

The Neil Cost box is "a must have for any turkey hunter" and  "good for beginners and experienced hunters" alike. Act now and we'll throw in a free set of steak knives! 

Zobo

I asked the seller a question about the Farmer trumpet and got no response. Farmers calls usually come with a signed sheet of authenticity, that tells you the model name and materials used. I don't see it in the listing. And the pamphlet he show does not seem age appropriate for the trumpet.  And as Sixes pointed out zero history. Tread carefully!!!

btodd00

Quote from: Zobo on February 19, 2024, 01:20:30 PM
The Neil Cost box is "a must have for any turkey hunter" and  "good for beginners and experienced hunters" alike. Act now and we'll throw in a free set of steak knives!

As long as its a Ginsu knife