OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Reserve not met

Started by Tom007, February 16, 2024, 06:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Inflation digging in its heels on this one. A Bob Dixon Vest is on EBay now: Highest bid is $4,650.00 with a few days left, "Buy it Now" for $10,000. Here's the big news, reserve has NOT been met. Wish I never sold mine.....
"Solo hunter"

davisd9

Just cause you think something is worth a certain amount does not mean it is.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Tom007

Quote from: davisd9 on February 16, 2024, 07:20:40 AM
Just cause you think something is worth a certain amount does not mean it is.

100% agreed. Interesting to see what it ends up to be if the owner lets it go.....
"Solo hunter"

Bowguy

That's crazy. Only a foolish guy would spend even close to that in my book.

Yoder409

I totally don't get the whole Dixon vest thing.........    :z-dizzy:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Dazzler

eBay is insane along with the scarcity minded buyers. Someone just off loaded a knight and hale RNG 300 for $275 + shipping.

kytrkyhntr

Everything is worth what buyer will pay! 4K to you is $4 to someone else. Supply and demand baby
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Dazzler

Quote from: Yoder409 on February 16, 2024, 08:05:29 AM
I totally don't get the whole Dixon vest thing.........    :z-dizzy:
It's all drop culture marketing.  Nothing special about it other than the perception of scarcity by the consumer.

GobbleNut

Every time I see something like this my first (and last) thought immediately returns to that old mantra,..."Some people just have more money than they have got sense".   ;D
Sometimes I wish I fell into that category...I think I would be willing to trade...for a while, at least... 
...Then again, it might be hard to make that trade when a guy doesn't have anything to trade with...   ::) ;D

zelmo1

I hope he gets 20K for it, and the buyer is happy as well.  :funnyturkey: :OGturkeyhead: Z

runngun

Everything is worth something to somebody, somewhere. I say more power to them. I ain't about to try and tell another fellow what to do with his money.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Greg Massey

They are going to auction off Saturday Night a Bob Dixon VEST NUMBER 6 at the Live auction..... Just wait and see what it will bring at the NWTF Convention ...

Priceless --- It will come with its own fancy Shadow Box ... 

runngun

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 16, 2024, 12:29:10 PM
They are going to auction off Saturday Night a Bob Dixon VEST NUMBER 6 at the Live auction..... Just wait and see what it will bring at the NWTF Convention ...

I saw that one yesterday. I am predicting it will go for 100k+  can't wait to see...

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

bbcoach

Quote from: Dazzler on February 16, 2024, 08:08:26 AM
eBay is insane along with the scarcity minded buyers. Someone just off loaded a knight and hale RNG 300 for $275 + shipping.
WOW!  I've got a RNG 200 that I'll let go for a whole lot less than that.  It's been in the woods once and the cushion didn't even hit the dirt because I use a chair.

Zobo

Quote from: runngun on February 16, 2024, 01:08:06 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on February 16, 2024, 12:29:10 PM

I saw that one yesterday. I am predicting it will go for 100k+  can't wait to see...

No way Jose!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14