OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which Snake Boots?

Started by joey46, February 15, 2024, 07:08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey46

Picture may have been around the net by now but it is supposedly from Hardee County Florida which is well north of the "Python Line".  Makes walking in in the dark a little unsettling.  Eeek!
Which snake boots would work on this guy?

Howie g

Well ,, if you run into one like that ?
Boots ain't gona help ya ole son !!
Plenty snakes down here where I'm at . I wear hikers and snake leggings.

JeffC

Thanks for the picture, Mr. Joey. Pythons, cotton mouth, alligators, panthers, and who knows how many deadly spiders, plus you or someone said more animals escaped during hurricanes. Plus all the illegal imported animals cut lose. Surprised more people aren't killed in those swamps.   
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

runngun

Heck to the Naw, Naw!!! I don't like snakes!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Tail Feathers

I may take the old 835 and some 3.5" loads to FL if they gonna have those slipping around the swamps!!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

davisd9

Since he will not kill you with a bite but through constriction, there is no snake boot to recommend.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Notsoyoungturk

A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

joey46

The forum never disappoints.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: davisd9 on February 21, 2024, 10:18:34 PM
Since he will not kill you with a bite but through constriction, there is no snake boot to recommend.

How about those Reebok Pumps they had back in the 80's? As it squeezed you the boot would get bigger? :D
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

zelmo1

Name brands dont impress me, but I might suggest something in a 12 gauge. Magnum perhaps, with a side of #4 TSS shot. YUCK Z

Tom007

If you can find the Russell Brand Snake boot, I heard they are the best. The company just changed ownership in 2022 I believe. They are not cheap, but guaranteed for life if something comes apart, etc. I have a pair of their Bird hunting boots that I wear turkey hunting in warmer weather. They are great boots for sure.

JeffC

I am thinking this is the perfect size snake boot for me, helps with the gators also
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: Notsoyoungturk on February 22, 2024, 01:52:23 PM
I'm ready
That fellow on that tractor looks like a picture of my daddy taking my baby shoes to town to be bronzed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10th Legionaire

Quote from: Tom007 on February 23, 2024, 07:16:27 AM
If you can find the Russell Brand Snake boot, I heard they are the best. The company just changed ownership in 2022 I believe. They are not cheap, but guaranteed for life if something comes apart, etc. I have a pair of their Bird hunting boots that I wear turkey hunting in warmer weather. They are great boots for sure.

I finally bought a pair of snake boots this year and settled on Chippewa pull ons, we'll see how they work out soon enough.

I looked to get Russell's but they no longer list snake boots on their website. I also saw a handful of poor reviews since the new owners took over. Those reviews centered around turn around time and "lost" deposits. Take that for what it's worth because I just read it on the internet. No personal experience.
Less is more

Tom007

Quote from: 10th Legionaire on February 23, 2024, 08:33:05 AM
Quote from: Tom007 on February 23, 2024, 07:16:27 AM

I finally bought a pair of snake boots this year and settled on Chippewa pull ons, we'll see how they work out soon enough.

I looked to get Russell's but they no longer list snake boots on their website. I also saw a handful of poor reviews since the new owners took over. Those reviews centered around turn around time and "lost" deposits. Take that for what it's worth because I just read it on the internet. No personal experience.

Agree here, If I needed comfortable snake boots, I would try and purchase Older Russell's. They were proven quality and service from the original company.....