OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

It’s time!

Started by guesswho, February 14, 2024, 12:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silvestris

Good for you.  Now you can get back what you love to do. Match wits with a gobbler on your own terms for your on pleasure.  As my late friend wrote, it is a "One Man's Game."
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Turkeybutt

Guesswho its not time yet, not even close. You have a lot to offer so stick it out. We haven't even scratched the surface of that vast turkey wisdom stored in your head. We'll let you know when we think its time for you to go bud.

Happy

I was gonna say your an adult and can make your own decisions. I thought better of that idea and will just say your a big boy and can make your own decisions. You made this place fun for many of us. It won't be the end, though. I have always appreciated the dinosaurs of turkey hunting. They are my kind of people.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Hooksfan

Ain't gonna even try to change your mind because I totally understand. I will say that any time I saw your posts, I knew it was going to content that was worth reading. Turkey hunting camps have always been full of pride and egos. This place is no different. I learned a long time ago to pay the least attention to the loudest braggers amd go learn from the ole fella being quiet in the corner. I viewed you to that fellow on OG.
Good luck this Spring, and I promise I will have multiple youths out this Spring.

davisd9

Well I really hate to see this, but I would be lying to say I have not considered the same. Times have changed and it seems our way of hunting is in the decline. That is alright, but I will continue doing what I have always done. I appreciate OG greatly as it has brought me many great relationships with people from all over this great country. Well sir, you have always had my upmost respect. I admittedly stalked you some to gather any small piece of wisdom you may have left in a post. Just know, I know there will be many gobblers that know their fate is sealed when you step in their woods.

Good things come and go I guess, I even heard the Mossberg Mauler is considering retirement, smaller gauges I guess.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

YoungGobbler

April fools came early this year? 
Comments i have read from you were humourous and enjoyable...

fmf

Don't do it!!  You'd be sorely missed!  I remember the WWOSBD days, heck I remember administering the turkey section on ushuntingforums with you back in the day.

deerhunt1988

Awwwww come on. Don't let the new fangled social media/YouTube loving turkey hunters run ya off! I've been here since the very beginning and have always enjoyed your posts. Unfortunately our type is a dying breed, that is for sure. If you do depart for good, just know we've VERY much enjoyed having you.

Tom007

Guess Who, you are a class act, a foundation block here. I know I can't change your mind, but I'll try. We (I) love your posts. We need your point of view, it's valuable and priceless. The forum does have controversy, but this time of year it's expected. I will personally be sad to see you go, I know I speak for many. I honor your position, but hope if you decide to leave, It will be for a (Resting Vacation), not for good. If guys like you start pulling away, it will change the landscape, probably not for the better. Please PM me your contact info as I would love to stay in touch, (hoping to convince you to stay). God speed whatever your decision may be, I hope it is to Remain on OG.....

eggshell

I know some people who can put a knot on your head and knock some sense into you....You know I have connections to the crowd you run in. Do you realize Happy is going to claim your seat at the "High Table", Oh please stay. Who else ever chose a furry butt-hole dog face for an avatar.

3bailey3

Please don't give up on us, I have always enjoyed your post, don't let this new crowd run you off!

Tom007

Quote from: 3bailey3 on February 14, 2024, 07:37:47 PM
Please don't give up on us, I have always enjoyed your post, don't let this new crowd run you off!

X100!

EZ

Quote from: guesswho on February 14, 2024, 12:13:04 PM
My views and techniques as far as turkey hunting are outdated.  I now know I have very little to offer todays turkey hunter.   

Good advice and strong opinion (based on your knowledge) are never outdated. You have much to offer to anyone who listens.

Tom007

Quote from: EZ on February 14, 2024, 07:55:19 PM
Quote from: guesswho on February 14, 2024, 12:13:04 PM
My views and techniques as far as turkey hunting are outdated.  I now know I have very little to offer todays turkey hunter.   

Good advice and strong opinion (based on your knowledge) are never outdated. You have much to offer to anyone who listens.

Amen here, we all would love to know what you forgot about turkey hunting!

Wigsplitter

I've spent 8 years on this forum - all of those reading and expecting a good comment from you as an answer or suggestion- you are right about the change in direction but your input is valuable to us all - consider staying on !!