turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

It’s time!

Started by guesswho, February 14, 2024, 12:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

I've always heard all good things come to an end.  I have realized over the last few months that the forum has somehow outgrown me.  My views and techniques as far as turkey hunting are outdated.  I now know I have very little to offer todays turkey hunter.   My opinions (that's all they are) and a few like me are often scoffed at, and labels like elitist, arrogant, etc are thrown around.  Simply because of an opinion.  The forum has taken on a more serious tone, which is to be expected as one matures and grows.  More and more members are easily offended now and get defensive pretty quick.  I thought well, I'll just adapt.  It didn't take me long to realize that is a lost cause, I am who I am.  What used to be a fun care free place is quickly becoming the opposite, at least for me.   I have enough seriousness to deal with in everyday life. I always enjoyed coming here amongst people who share the same passion and have a little fun.  But those days have dwindled to almost nonexistent.

I've decided it may be time for me to move on and put this in the rear view mirror.  I'll probably leave my account open until about Friday to read some replies, then delete it.   I just wanted to tell everyone that I have enjoyed OG over the years, and have enjoyed a lot of laughs.  And if I can help anyone in any way, feel free to reach out to me.  I'm pretty easy to find.  Lot of people here have my number.   And I want to wish everyone a safe and successful spring, be sure and take a youth if you have the opportunity.   Kids hunt for the right reasons (fun).   I hope your properties are full of long spurred, hard gobbling, cooperative long beards.  :wave:

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

CAPTJJ

And I thought you were announcing the opening of the NWTF convention.....

Hook hanger

Will miss your humorous posts! 

Tribute Custom Calls

I have not been a member near long enough to make your acquaintance, but I hate seeing long time members parting ways with a very informative site. I completely understand how some comments can get under a ol'guys skin. That's half the reason I gave up on social media years ago and probably why the "social media experiment" post was started a few days ago by another member. Regardless of the comments by a few, the knowledge and stories we can pass along to others far outweighs those few comments IMO. I'm sure my lack of acquaintance with you is my loss, but I hope you reconsider.
I will be in Nashville so perhaps I will have the pleasure of making your acquaintance there.
Share the knowledge and introduce somebody to the Outdoors

bbcoach

GW, I hope you're Pulling our Leg.  We both registered for this site at about the same time in 2011 (at the height of the Hevi 13 era) and we are close to the same age.  I personally have enjoyed your knowledge and wisdom.  This site is what it is because of people like us.  We care about this sport and try our best to educate and share our knowledge with those around us.  Some will use it, some will discard it, and a few will want to argue about it.  I'm not going to allow a few that always invade this GREAT site at this time every year, for a month or two, to disrupt that.  This is a GREAT FAMILY, so stick it out.  Remember FAMILY sticks together through the Good Times and the Bad.   

GobbleNut

C'mon man!  You can't quit!  Who am I going to harass if you leave?!  Dammit, my easiest target to dunk on on the entire forum and he is gonna take his ball and go home?!  Say it ain't so!

Really...seriously...your wit, wisdom, and great attitude are important here, buddy.  Think about it some more for all of our sakes.  You are a fixture here who would be sorely missed! 
Jim

the Ward

Today is valentines day, not April fools day! You can't leave us, your posts are great fun. Wish I had the sharp wit you possess. Please reconsider, a lot of us would really hate to see you go!

RemingtonRules

One last bucket of spurs pic?

Kytomgetter

Quote from: the Ward on February 14, 2024, 02:08:48 PM
Today is valentines day, not April fools day! You can't leave us, your posts are great fun. Wish I had the sharp wit you possess. Please reconsider, a lot of us would really hate to see you go!
X2. Yes please reconsider you can't leave us now. Don't leave us now. You are a great attribute to this forum. Stay with us. God bless

Beards and Hooks

Always enjoyed your thoughts, hoping you stick around

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

sbbow

That's a sad thing to see you go Ronnie I always enjoyed reading what you had to say. I do hope you change your mind though !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffC

Mr. Guesswho, you are a friend when I needed help and guidance, like you and others, I'm not always happy reading things and threads that pop up at times, but I know that the core of this wonderful family of likeminded people will get through season after season. If you really have had enough, that is your choice, I just want you to know I have enjoyed your wisdom and help, Thank you. 
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Tail Feathers

Ronnie I sure hope you reconsider this.  There will be much less humor and wisdom here if you go.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Notsoyoungturk

Although we have never met, I sincerely hope you will stay.  For the forum to be valuable, we need different people with unique opinions.  I, for one, enjoy looking at things from anther perspective.  It doesn't mean I will always change but I never will if the only perspective I have is my own.  Keep the faith and know that people want you here.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

TrackeySauresRex

I just celebrated 13 years here and enjoyed it all w/guys like you. Strength in numbers my OG brother the good will always weigh out the bad. Like the rest say... Stick it out! And better go 10 pages.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."