OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey hunting the eclipse

Started by ChesterCopperpot, February 12, 2024, 05:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterCopperpot

If you ain't made plans to turkey hunt the eclipse  what are you even doing with your life?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GobbleNut

:D  One of my turkey hunting buddies is passing on our first trip this spring because his "boss" wants to go somewhere in Texas to see the "total" eclipse.  I just shook my head...  Some people just don't have their priorities in order...or maybe they just value their lives a bit more than some of the rest of us...   ;D ::) :toothy12:

doublespurs21

it is in the afternoon where i live, plus before the season even starts........  :turkey2:

Greg Massey

Before it opens ...   What's that song total eclipse of the heart ....

ChesterCopperpot

Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, and Texas should all be open, I think. Youth season in NC be open. I'll be hunting SC.

Sanders153

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 12, 2024, 06:20:26 PM
Before it opens ...   What's that song total eclipse of the heart ....

Lol I try to say the lyrics of that one on a slate when a Tom is walking away

(Turn around)
Every now and then
I get a little bit lonely
And you're never coming 'round

(Turn around)
Every now and then
I get a little bit tired
Of listening to the sound of my tears

ChesterCopperpot

DUPREE

I'm sure I'll be hunting Georgia or Alabama that day, but probably not the time of the day it will be happening.

Dtrkyman

I plan on killing one that day!  We shall see how that works out!

Zobo

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Tail Feathers

I'll be getting back home a day or two before the eclipse.  I live in the 80% zone but my wife and I plan on driving a couple hours north to be in the path of totality.  Road trip!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

ElkTurkMan

Opening day of Iowas first season. I plan on being out amongst them.

Zobo

I've heard of hunting the front, but this?
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

PalmettoRon

Will be out amongst 'em. Maybe we get a double fly down/fly up day?

Tail Feathers

Quote from: blake_08 on February 13, 2024, 12:24:59 PM
Is anyone concerned with traveling around the eclipse time? I had told my oldest son I would take him to Missouri youth hunting if he did good on a project he's working on. Now I'm concerned about having to go back on it as youth season is the weekend before the eclipse. I know the interstates are going to be more busy, but I'd hate to get up there and not be able to buy gas to get back home or something. May be nothing to worry about, but everyone is predicting it to be pretty bad. I live right in the path of totality.
. I wouldn't let it stop me.  Probably heavier traffic on Sunday but nothing real huge I would guess.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!