turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Honor the Code

Started by zelmo1, February 10, 2024, 10:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

Real turkey hunters keep their word. Shannon is trying to get everyone a call and keep the prices fair. I got offered $2500 for my call I got last year. I don't know if the person is on this site, I assumed he is, but he contacted me on another media platform. The answer is NO, every time. If you are flipping these calls, shame on you. Leave them for the true turkey lovers.  :z-twocents: :z-twocents: Z

Bedge7767

That was probably Shannon in disguise.  ???? Just checking you.
Jim

joey46

???.  Not sure about the call you are referencing but over the years when I've mentioned I have an original Knight and Hale tube call I bought from them at their Cadiz Ky barbershop I'll get multiple offers to buy by private messaging.  Some calls you keep. Good luck this spring.

Kytomgetter

Quote from: zelmo1 on February 10, 2024, 10:57:12 AM
Real turkey hunters keep their word. Shannon is trying to get everyone a call and keep the prices fair. I got offered $2500 for my call I got last year. I don't know if the person is on this site, I assumed he is, but he contacted me on another media platform. The answer is NO, every time. If you are flipping these calls, shame on you. Leave them for the true turkey lovers.  :z-twocents: :z-twocents: Z
Amazing

Tom007

Wow, your a good honest man Z........

Old Gobbler

Wasn't me ...

My opinion once the call is yours,  that person can do with it what they deem fit ..I caught onto the resellers flipping calls some years back , and I avoid flipper (people with a constructive intent ) to resell for profit like the plague
.flippers love waiting lists ..that is their bread and butter , talked to two very well known call makers this week and they did away with the lists like me independently for thr same reasons , and like me are well aware of flippers

People ask that one guys money is the same color as the next guys ...who cares ...the answer to that, is for me personally if you keep selling to folks who take your items and put em in a cabinet or raise them to a price thatonly the elite can afford ....that undermines the killing reputation of the call, also you will alienate your customer base ...hunters ...

with that said my output on calls is severely limited, I can only make a limited amount each year...and if someone sells one the likelihood of getting another is bleak

I grew up impoverished for a good time frame of my youth , I used to be ashamed of that , now I'm actually proud to point out that fact, work hard and make something of yourself ...we made calls cause that was the only way to get them ...we didn't have $$ for gear and we were smart enough to figure out how to make them , and make them BETTER..I take my pricing very seriously,  cause money don't grow on trees ,

Recently I broke down and forked up the money for a premium mallard hen call , many of my friends who are guides and contest callers recommend it ....you know what im so stingy I would have never thought I would spent 150 for a mallard call but IT WAS DEFINITELY WORTH THE MONEY !!!  it would take 2x the money to buy one of my pushpin but I spent probably 10 times the time to make one vs a mallard call ...

I have to each year painfully self reflect on my pricing for the pushpins , I try to keep in-line with inflation and materials costs in conjunction with what I could earn just going to work on my day off or making my growing in popularity duck whistles...and do so while keeping my customer base "hunters" as my core commitment

Shannon ---

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

arkrem870

I used the pintail whistle/call this season. A well made call for sure
LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS

Bedge7767

My post was sarcasm. It's hard to get humor to come across the keyboard. Lol
Jim

MossyOak92

zelmo1

I'll shoot plenty of birds using my OG pushpin and my own pot. Feels good killing a bird with your own call. Z

cwhitfield96

I would love to get an OG pushpin as many others but can't and wouldn't spend more than a few hundred to get one. Especially because of the thought I feel I could easily accidentally break one while hunting because s*** happens hunting and I have tons of other calls that work. Been considering and probably will buy a lathe to make calls but I do wish I knew someone willing to mentor me. Of course someone can learn on their own but I've learned with hunting and fishing having someone with experience can take years off the learning curve. I come from a family where my father and uncles etc do not hunt.

Zobo

Quote from: Bedge7767 on February 10, 2024, 03:25:20 PM

Especially if you're not funny.

(that's a sarcastic joke btw :camohat:)
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Bedge7767

Quote from: Zobo on February 10, 2024, 08:51:41 PM
Quote from: Bedge7767 on February 10, 2024, 03:25:20 PM

Especially if you're not funny.

(that's a sarcastic joke btw :camohat:)

My wife is the only person who thinks I'm not funny.  :z-guntootsmiley:
Jim

Zobo

Quote from: Old Gobbler on February 10, 2024, 02:56:22 PM
grew up impoverished for a good time frame of my youth , I used to be ashamed of that , now I'm actually proud to point out that fact, work hard and make something of yourself ...

Shannon ---

Couldn't agree more. You should be very proud OG, for your heirloom worthy calls AND this great forum. What a contribution you've made to the sporting world.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Yoder409

Quote from: Bedge7767 on February 10, 2024, 09:00:33 PM

My wife is the only person who thinks I'm not funny.  :z-guntootsmiley:

Women are funny like that.    :goofball:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.