OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Vest

Started by MCturkey, February 08, 2024, 09:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCturkey

Headed to the NWTF convention next week with a new vest on the top of my list. Been wearing the ALPS grand slam for a few years now.

Anything new worth the look? What do you like?

Tail Feathers

I will be looking at them too.  Not sure I'm going to buy one but I'm always looking for the next great one.

There is a Cabelas Tactical Tat'r vest for sale in the classified here for a good price.  Mine is great.

I'll be looking at the new Alps Impact Pro vest for sure.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Muzzy61

I had to get a new vest this year. I got the Nomad Killing time vest. Ready to give a try in the woods in a month or so.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Sanders153

I've used the Grounded brand Impact vest for a year or so and it's been the best one I've tried. I used the NWTF super elite for a long time, and it was good but the Grounded has been much cooler on the hot humid days and more lightweight

btodd00

Quote from: Sanders153 on February 08, 2024, 10:03:58 AM
I've used the Grounded brand Impact vest for a year or so and it's been the best one I've tried. I used the NWTF super elite for a long time, and it was good but the Grounded has been much cooler on the hot humid days and more lightweight

Ive been holding off on getting the impact 2.0 hoping they come out with a minimalist style vest, if they do not I will probably end up picking up a 2.0

Big Jeremy

I really like my Grounded 2.0, and my cabbalas tat'r 2...I carry a Glenda Green satchel and inner tube seat more than anything, though.

If I had to choose just one vest, it would be the Grounded.

mdmitchell

I was in a search for the last year for a higher quality more custom vest. Nothing from factory came in a format I liked. We have tons of options with backpacks from say kifaru and stone glacier but nothing for turkey vests....

Well I found a few options and ended up pre ordering the chief upland vest they just released. Won't get it until March but I'm very excited to toss the junk alps in the trash.

Sanders153

Quote from: Big Jeremy on February 08, 2024, 10:44:03 AM
I really like my Grounded 2.0, and my cabbalas tat'r 2...I carry a Glenda Green satchel and inner tube seat more than anything, though.

I have been very curious on the Glenda Green satchels, does she have a website or contact handy?

cassga

Quote from: Sanders153 on February 08, 2024, 11:34:26 AM
Quote from: Big Jeremy on February 08, 2024, 10:44:03 AM

I have been very curious on the Glenda Green satchels, does she have a website or contact handy?

Find her on Facebook. She responds to messages on there.

BDeal

Grounded is the best I've used

Big Jeremy

Yes, Facebook is the best way. Glenda Green. Profile pic is a leather patch with her logo, I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Check out the Sitka. Holds just the right amount, really quality built, and nice seat. Very adjustable too.....

Lone Star Eastern

Not new really, but I really like my rng 200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryanmc

I'm ready to see the new alps impact pro

Burtwill

i really like my M2 vest from Tethrd. Dont see me buying another vest for many years.