turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stevens 301 shell holder.

Started by Number17, February 07, 2024, 08:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey46

Many of the replies here are "forum typical".  Not having a second shot ready ASAP is doing the big birds a disservice IMO.  Over the years have seen birds roll and run.   I'm sure many forum experts have experienced this at least once.

GobbleNut

If I may be so presumptuous for the moment to take the liberty of speaking on behalf of the "who needs a second shot?" crowd, I could be mistaken, but there are times when certain folks on the forum make what are intended to be light-hearted comments that are recognized as such by some...and apparently not recognized by others.  It is a good idea to look at the "character" that is making such a post and take time to contemplate if they were being serious...or not (which was most definitely the case with at least a few of the commenters).   ;D :D :icon_thumright:

guesswho

I wouldn't have any idea who you're talking about Gobblegoob.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

g8rvet

Quote from: joey46 on February 10, 2024, 12:32:32 PM
Many of the replies here are "forum typical".  Not having a second shot ready ASAP is doing the big birds a disservice IMO.  Over the years have seen birds roll and run.   I'm sure many forum experts have experienced this at least once.

Mine too was tongue in cheek, as it would not make much difference on a reload if it was in my pocket to finish off a bird.

HOWEVER, if one is that worried about having a second shot ASAP, don't shoot a single shot.  Or have a buddy hunt with you.  I can fish a shell out of my vest a lot faster than I can reload a muzzleloader.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

GobbleNut

Quote from: guesswho on February 10, 2024, 03:10:47 PM
I wouldn't have any idea who you're talking about Gobblegoob.

Oh, I'm fairly certain you know exactly who at least one of the culprits I was referring to is...   ;D :D :toothy9:

joey46

I doubt if most are too overly concerned with second shot speed but the least amount of variables you put in the game the better it is for all concerned.  Yes muzzleloaders are definitely one and done.  The single shot 301s not really if the second shell is readily at hand. I'm betting under 5 seconds, maybe less. There are times the "cuteness" on these threads gets old.  It will get to the point some will be reluctant to ask a legitimate question.

guesswho

I'll try to do better with the "cuteness" Joey46.  My bad    I didn't realize some people are more tightly wrapped than myself.   If I get out of line again please let me know.   For those of you who are concerned with a follow up shot with a 410 single shot, the OP has a good idea.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

GobbleNut

Quote from: guesswho on February 11, 2024, 11:22:32 AM
I'll try to do better with the "cuteness" Joey46.  My bad    I didn't realize some people are more tightly wrapped than myself.   If I get out of line again please let me know.   For those of you who are concerned with a follow up shot with a 410 single shot, the OP has a good idea.

Also guilty, as charged...  Unfortunately, I am not certain I am capable of doing better.  At this stage of the game, I am about as tightly wrapped as I am ever gonna get...  I fear everybody is just going to have to put up with me...and especially you, guesswho!   ;D :icon_thumright:

joey46

Over the years many of these forums lose members and occasional participants when it becomes obvious that the post are saturated with a few "cool guys" that monopolize topics and mock those who have differing opinions.  This bunch is trending that way.  Too bad since the other big forum is nothing more than a sales tool for the owner.  Left that one months ago.  More of my ADAPTING philosophy. 

g8rvet

Probably true joey, but Gobble and guesswho ain't those guys.  In fact, they are 2 of my favorite posters that I actually take time to read.

I have never seen either ridicule anyone (except good natured barbs with friends). 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.