turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

28 gauge Shells

Started by Greg Massey, February 03, 2024, 09:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Does anyone make a turkey load in the 28 gauge that's not TSS .... ?  Copper plated lead etc... I know you can buy a buffered pheasant load etc...

wchadw

I'll send you something I got out of a load manual that I use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCSWAMPFOX

BOSS ammo might have what you are looking for

Teamblue

Im not sure there are any turkey specific non-tss loads out yet. I have some federal prairie storm, some Rio, and NSI loads that i hope to pattern in the next few weeks. The prairie storm is 13/16 oz of #6.  The other two are 1 ounce loads of #6 or 7.5.  All are 2-3/4". Im anxious to see how they do for close range 20 yd shots.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Teamblue on February 07, 2024, 12:19:46 PM
Im not sure there are any turkey specific non-tss loads out yet. I have some federal prairie storm, some Rio, and NSI loads that i hope to pattern in the next few weeks. The prairie storm is 13/16 oz of #6.  The other two are 1 ounce loads of #6 or 7.5.  All are 2-3/4". Im anxious to see how they do for close range 20 yd shots.

I new about the pheasant loads ... Keep us updated as to what you think about those loads ... thanks

Teamblue

I shot the three previously mentioned loads this evening. All were at 20 yds with a cz bobwhite 28 gauge through a trulock skeet2 choke .537".  The Rio performed the best. I tested these through the right barrel on the gun for close shots.

Teamblue

Teamblue

Lone Star Eastern

Quote from: Teamblue on February 07, 2024, 12:19:46 PM

Rio? You're not in east TX, are you?

ncturkey

Quote from: Teamblue on February 08, 2024, 06:31:32 PM
I shot the three previously mentioned loads this evening. All were at 20 yds with a cz bobwhite 28 gauge through a trulock skeet2 choke .537".  The Rio performed the best. I tested these through the right barrel on the gun for close shots.
That is cool I never would thought about using a different load for the close barrel.
Great Idea.