turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The Turkey Hunter Podcast

Started by jcpainter27, January 31, 2024, 08:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcpainter27

A majority of turkey hunters listen to Andy Gagliano's "The Turkey Hunter Podcast." Since 2014 he's had a successful program advocating for turkey hunting and R3 efforts. Here is a video of the man behind the radio....

https://youtu.be/gqG8NfnpecQ?feature=shared

Greg Massey

Never heard of him or his Podcast ... Thanks for sharing ...

silent tom

I think they've changed their tune quite a bit as far as the R3 efforts from what I can gather.
Or at least I would hope they have. 

Heritage

I really enjoy listening to the podcast. 

slave601

I love their podcast. I believe I've listened to every show they've put out. I work out of town so it's definitely my go to on long drives
"thinnin the flock"

kytrkyhntr

I like the premise of that podcast. But unfortunately for me the host Andy is just a little boring. And his co host the self proclaimed gobdaddy is the most pretentious d bag I've ever heard speak. Not to mention he edits all of his old posts on certain forums so he doesn't misalign with his newfound practices. They don't get a listen from me. Andy is cool, but the "old pro" gobfather is too much.
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

runngun

Quote from: kytrkyhntr on February 01, 2024, 11:04:51 AM
I like the premise of that podcast. But unfortunately for me the host Andy is just a little boring. And his co host the self proclaimed gobdaddy is the most pretentious d bag I've ever heard speak. Not to mention he edits all of his old posts on certain forums so he doesn't misalign with his newfound practices. They don't get a listen from me. Andy is cool, but the "old pro" gobfather is too much.
Thanks for taking the time to make me bust out laughing

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

WV Ridge Reaper

Been listening for years...was the first true all turkey pod cast before pod cast was a thing,have not listened in some time since I don't travel for work now...but i remember they actually use to give shout out to listeners unlike the other "commercial" podcast

So in short yes I'm a fan since the start....you got tired of listening to the radio,you found a podcast..now you come on here and complain  because they keep it old school like classic rock or better yet classic country and you come on a forum and complain...move on

Download some meat eater or hunting public,which are great but don't down grade the classics  just move along..

Im in my mid 30s maybe we should just shut all this forum,youtube stuff down and go back to reading books learning from a true grit turkey hunter such as bob or uncle tom...that would get rid of the garbage real fast...be thankful for what you have and remember at one time time you sounded like my wife running a mouth call

We all start someplace...on the bottom lost as last years easter egg...some hatch and some don't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RND1983

I do listen to and enjoy the podcast. I saw where they did a hunt raffle for a Texas hunt in February. I would hate to have booked a spring hunt wherever they are going and there could've possible
been 8 birds taken off the landscape. Especially with the numbers down so much in South Texas.

PalmettoRon

South TX birds are crafty. They can be plentiful in an area without leaving nary a dropping, track, feather or uttering a single sound. You just gotta hunt harder and bring along your snipe bag RND1983.  ;)

A February gobbler hunt is interesting. In this era of declining turkey numbers this would seem to be sending the wrong message. I seriously doubt even in South TX that many hens have been bred in February.

aclawrence

I've enjoyed lots of the episodes mostly depending on the guest. I know Cameron has gotten pretty involved in Tennessee and has went to bat against some of the stupid stuff the state has done. He's been really outspoken against the state paying THP to advertise the public lands, he doesn't like reaping or decoys. I would think most guys here would like all that but I'm not surprised to see he has some haters to. I guess any hunter who has a platform is going to have haters. Im not sure what R3 is. I think the fact that Andy started podcasting in 2014 shows that he's not out there doing it for the social attention grab like so many new podcast that pop up these days. I wish someone would do a simple turkey hunting story podcast where you have people come on and share fun turkey hunting stories. Maybe even just 10-15 minute episodes would be cool.

Greg Massey

I agree podcasts are something I don't care for that often... Some days they have some good content and some days it's pretty boring ....  Hunt my way or don't hunt, but they always say get outdoors and enjoy the hunting season, but you just told me I was hunting all wrong because of some of the items I use ... OMG ...

aclawrence

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 05, 2024, 11:32:55 AM
I agree podcasts are something I don't care for that often... Some days they have some good content and some days it's pretty boring ....  Hunt my way or don't hunt, but they always say get outdoors and enjoy the hunting season, but you just told me I was hunting all wrong because of some of the items I use ... OMG ...
Hey Greg I just said that I think I most guys would like his stance. I was just pointing out the infighting amongst hunters. The fact that even though people probably mostly agree with each other we still find stuff to fight about or put each other down. I wasn't try to start stirring that pot lol.

Greg Massey

Quote from: aclawrence on February 05, 2024, 11:47:07 AM
Quote from: Greg Massey on February 05, 2024, 11:32:55 AM
Hey Greg I just said that I think I most guys would like his stance. I was just pointing out the infighting amongst hunters. The fact that even though people probably mostly agree with each other we still find stuff to fight about or put each other down. I wasn't try to start stirring that pot lol.

NO I Understand ... thanks

Brs2427

I have been listening for a few years. I think Cameron and Andy do great job. Worth the listen for the recorded hunts alone.