turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Headed for a Divorce

Started by zelmo1, January 29, 2024, 06:38:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

I just got my first trumpet ever, and I really suck. The wife says i learn to play it or it stays home or I'm out, lol. I'll miss her. I think I will try to play better, I still like her.  :OGturkeyhead: Z

Tom007

Quote from: zelmo1 on January 29, 2024, 06:38:02 AM
I just got my first trumpet ever, and I really suck. The wife says i learn to play it or it stays home or I'm out, lol. I'll miss her. I think I will try to play better, I still like her.  :OGturkeyhead: Z

You'll get it Z, took me some time, but once you figure it out you'll love it
"Solo hunter"

Gobbler428

It took me three months to even get close to sounding similar to a turkey but persistence is the key zelmo. Hope you can keep both her and your trumpet lol

jcpainter27

This should help! It's a great instructional from a great man and friend that recently passed on; Mr. Lewis Stowe.

https://youtu.be/GKM7cmVQbX4?feature=shared

Gooserbat

It's always best to practice at night when the wife is sleeping in the other room and the house is quiet so you can hear your imperfections. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

GobbleNut

Quote from: Gooserbat on January 29, 2024, 08:17:00 AM
It's always best to practice at night when the wife is sleeping in the other room and the house is quiet so you can hear your imperfections.

:TooFunny:  Yeah,...but be prepared to dodge when that suitcase full of your clothes comes flying out of the bedroom!   ;D :D

Greg Massey

Just keep on practicing, sooner or later you will figure it out and after that, if your wife hasn't left you, you can put on a concert ...  :jackson:

tal

My wife ran off with my best friend. I'm sure going to miss him.

Turkeybutt

Tal you got some explaining to do bud. It's okay we don't judge.

Zobo

Wait until she sees the receipts. Then, my friend, ....you're really in trouble!!!
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Tail Feathers

If my marriage depended on me learning to play a trumpet well Inwould be looking for a good lawyer!  These things elude me.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

zelmo1

I'll keep trying. I think I will be safe if I call her in a tom or 2 this year. The call sure is purdy. Z

Kygobblergetter

That's what the drive to work is for! They sure are addicting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Quote from: zelmo1 on January 29, 2024, 12:32:11 PM
I'll keep trying. I think I will be safe if I call her in a tom or 2 this year. The call sure is purdy. Z

Get one for her Z, then you can practice together...... :turkey2:
"Solo hunter"

zelmo1

Yeah right, the only call she uses is her push pin, lol. I am the guide/donkey.  :OGturkeyhead: Z