turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trumpet Calls

Started by Swampmonkey, January 27, 2024, 12:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swampmonkey

Anyone out there have any experience with trumpet calls made by Brian Fenters for Slabs Store in Lake City, SC? Trying to find a trumpet call to mess around with and it would be cool to have one from my home state but I've never heard anyone talk about this one. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Yoder409

That's one I've not heard of.

However............ Irving Whitt over in Greenwood, SC makes trumpets that I know well., and they are MASTERFUL !!!!!!

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

davisd9

Heard of them and about 20 minutes from me but never messed with one.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Swampmonkey

That is a beautiful call for sure! Unfortunately I believe Mr.Whitt has passed on.

Zobo

Quote from: Yoder409 on January 27, 2024, 12:20:19 PM
That's one I've not heard of.

However............ Irving Whitt over in Greenwood, SC makes trumpets that I know well., and they are MASTERFUL !!!!!!

Nice one Yoder, nicest I've seen!  :drool:
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

MossyOak92

Quote from: Swampmonkey on January 27, 2024, 01:13:34 PM
That is a beautiful call for sure! Unfortunately I believe Mr.Whitt has passed on.
I believe you are wrong. Just seen him at unicoi a few weeks ago. Also seen a call for sale by him on Facebook just the other day.

davisd9

Live and kicking at Unicoi
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

davisd9

Ricky Padgett is a must have S.C. trumpet.

Yoder409

Nope, nope, NOPE !!!

Whitt is alive and kicking and kicking out some OUTSTANDING trumpets just in the last few days.  Couple were up for grabs on Facebook.   They did not last very long til they were gone.  But I'm pretty sure he'd build you one.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Notsoyoungturk

x 2 on alive and kickin.  He is a great guy and makes some fine calls.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

Meleagris gallopavo

Mr. Whitt is an excellent choice.  He builds excellent trumpets many can attest to, his prices are reasonable, and he has a pretty quick turn around time.  Good fella to boot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Turkeybutt

Mr Whitt is alive and very active! Spoke with him and his wife Darlene last week for about an hour and I was fortunate to purchase a black-wood trumpet from him. Good guy who does quality work and makes a great sounding trumpet!   

Boykin Hollow

Irwing Whitt and Ricky Padgett of Spring Allure Calls.. Both make outstanding trumpets

Jfowler82

Mr. Whitt builds excellent calls