OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

If you've never seen this girl's stuff...... (pic heavy)

Started by Yoder409, January 22, 2024, 03:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

YOU SHOULD !!!!!!!    :drool:

Miss Sherry Brown from Montana. 

Sherry was the 2023 NWTF Earl Mickel (Callmaker of the Year) Award winner.  The accuracy of detail she captures on her decorated friction calls is BEYOND mind-blowing !!!   She's also begun doing some box and trumpet "collaboration calls" with multi-award winning callmaker Mike Lapp.  Besides that, she is a wonderful human being that I am proud to call "friend".

Check some of these (fully functioning) calls out !!!!   (The friction calls all begin life as snow-white holly pots).  They are done by pyrography (wood burning) and then colorized.

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Notsoyoungturk

That is some amazing artwork.  Do you have to go through Mike to get a call with her drawing on it?
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Sir-diealot

She does some marvelous work and unlike many people that talented she is not arrogant in the least.

Sent from my SM-S136DL using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tomtom97

Impressive work that's for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Absolutely beautiful work and amazing colors and details .... Craftsmanship is awesome ...

Tom007

3bailey3

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Zobo

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Badger

crow

WV Flopper

Amazing work, on such small surfaces too! I would really like to see in person.

Will

Yoder409

Quote from: Notsoyoungturk on January 22, 2024, 03:59:21 PM
That is some amazing artwork.  Do you have to go through Mike to get a call with her drawing on it?

Yep.   Get a hold of Mike.   :icon_thumright:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.