only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What's in a name?

Started by runngun, January 21, 2024, 05:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Quote from: bwhana on January 22, 2024, 01:50:22 PM
Quote from: Beards and Hooks on January 22, 2024, 01:22:09 PM
Mine is way more simple than most, it's what I really enjoy doing. Chasing beards and hooks that is, hoping to keep getting better so when I retire I can chase at least a few of the subspecies.

If you keep buying all of Unicoi annually, you'll never afford retire Mark!  Or your collection will be one heck of a source of retirement funds :)
It's a sickness, it's gotta slow down right

No.   It doesn't.   It won't.    :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

runngun

Like getting old.......it only gets worser!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

soILstrutter

so(Southern) IL (Illinois) strutter (the first "s" word involving turkeys I could think of)

And I have been a History Teacher and High School football coach for the last 10 years. 31 years of age with a long time teaching ahead of me still. At least I can save my 3 personal days for every spring until retirement.

MK M GOBL

Mine is somewhat simple, but in 1998 Wisconsin offered Sesquicentennial Plates at no additional charge to have Vanity Plates, a number of buddies and I all turkey hunted together at times, and we all sent in for these plates and turkey themed.

Mine was my first choice and was part of a Seminar Series I created called Turkey University, Well I would speak on how to "Make them Gobble" MK M GOBL, then the NWTF put on a National Vanity License Plate Contest, and I WON that!! 

You will also see my "Gobbler Guru" nickname as a buddy I hunt with has always called me that, and then of course there is my business "FanAtic Turkey Displays"

Here's the list as best as I can remember the license plates we all did.

MK M GOBL
C M STRUT
LMB HNGR
FULL FAN
LNG BERD
WLD TRKY
FLY DOWN
OPN CZN

I have seen my MK M GOBL show up in other states as well, 5 that I know of but I am the Original MK M GOBL

Lcmacd 58

Getting in late on this 1 ..... mines just a part of my email
I know .... boring

Howie g

My real name is Howard Glen .
Been called " Howie " for years .. therefore, Howie g ...
I've been called worse .

ditchdigger

Its what I do.....Excavation and Septic service contractor. My brother-in-law is a doctor, it has always been fun to say of my father in-law that one daughter married a doctor while the other married a ditchdigger!!!

3bailey3

Really funny right there..

Cowboy

My little lady gave me that nickname long ago. We own a farm and raise cattle and have horses. I work for my state department of transportation. Been a Teamster for over 20 years.  This year, I'm going into what I consider semi retirement.  March 15 through the fall, I'll be off just farming. I have NO IDEA what I can do ALL SPRING this year???

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Zobo

Quote from: Cowboy on January 24, 2024, 08:07:56 AM
I have NO IDEA what I can do ALL SPRING this year???

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Yeah that's gonna be a tough period of time for you, you'll just have to tough it out. Hang in there, and remember, we're all pulling for you.  :lol:
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: runngun on January 22, 2024, 07:02:40 PM
Quote from: Notsoyoungturk on January 22, 2024, 02:21:26 PM
Great thread runngun.  It has been interesting hearing everyone's stories.
Thanks so much. I appreciate it!!! The folks who are involved here are what makes it such a great place!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

An absolute great one! Always loved this OG forum.
I love all hunting. Turkey hunting is by far my favorite. There is nothing like
A like a great turkey story.

The handle...
   Many moons ago, I was after this bird. I came back to camp with my tail between my legs and spoke of him. He was the biggest Tom EvaaaaH, I said. A buddy of mine (may God be good to him) Said yer out after Ol' TrackeySauresRex again? I never did get him. A turkey hunting memory that is burnt into my mind and will last forever. So that's what I'm after. The biggest, meanest, angriest, long spurred, giant beard, gobbling Tom out there.  :toothy9:
   Most times I come back with my tail between my legs. Smiling  ;D
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

spurs2bgobblin

Play on words for my username. Happens to a couple of my favorite things, spurs and gobbling. Also an ode to the frustration of those quite days in the woods

Industrial construction project engineer in the steel/iron industry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"In the South it's an understanding. To a turkey hunter, it's a life not subject to change. They know it's crazy. But to them, to us, it's worth it."

vt35mag

VT-where I live
35-My baseball number from little league thru college
Mag- Short for magnum, because all I used to shoot was whatever killed on both ends.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

dzsmith

My screen name is my name .....oh well lol
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Sixes

I like these threads.

I was born, raised and still reside in a small community in Cherokee County, GA called Sixes. My family moved here in the late 1700s and early 1800s and we are still here. It was a GREAT place while growing up, half mile to Lake Allatoona, thousands of acres of Corp land to explore and ride ATVs and great people in the area.  It went to crap about 25 years ago when the influx of move ins started.  Its still a very nice area and place to live, but it's not what it once was.

I work for Southern Company Gas in a LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas) Peak Shaving plant. I've worked at Southern Company/AGL Resources for about 27 years and at the plant for 24. I have about a decade (+/- a year) before I retire.  It's a great place to work with really good people. Plus, we are now allowed to hunt the 1000 acres that the plant sits on. A total of 3 of us hunted this past deer season and I am the only turkey hunter.

Here are the 2 bucks that I killed with my bow this past season on the land.