turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2023 deer season

Started by reflexl, January 10, 2024, 11:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

Deer 2023 is in the books. I had a decent season. 2 bucks and a doe. I am hoping we have some birds here this year. Still can't believe how they vanished last year. Here is deer season in pictures.

JeffC

That looks like a really nice season my friend, congrats. Only see evidence on neck of Doe, surprised no exit holes on the bucks? Those hand cannons should punch thru??
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

reflexl

Quote from: JeffC on January 10, 2024, 12:16:52 PM
That looks like a really nice season my friend, congrats. Only see evidence on neck of Doe, surprised no exit holes on the bucks? Those hand cannons should punch thru??

All exits. I clean them up before taking pics. Learned it from hunting with the TV people. The doe messed with me for the longest hiding behind trees. She stuck her head and neck out at 33 yards. That gun shoots 1.5" groups at 100 yards so a chip shot. One of the bucks was shot with the 450 Marlin and the other a .260 Rem. Both guns are killers.

The Lung

Deer season for me was a huge bust. Each hunt turned into a pig-popping fiasco. All I wanted was to take a couple does.

I hate pigs.
"Dear Lord, may our will be pure and our aim be true. Amen"

crow

Very nice, good handgun season

Dr Juice

Turkeybutt

Congrats on taking two fine animals and thank you for sharing your photos.
Nice firearms, they get the job done for sure. 

ferocious calls

reflexl

Thanks guys. It was fun but ready for some birds.

Happy

Congrats, reflexl, Glad to see you survived covid and appear to be in peak sabbatical wrestling shape. Give those turkeys heck this spring.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

reflexl

Quote from: Happy on January 12, 2024, 05:05:35 PM
Congrats, reflexl, Glad to see you survived covid and appear to be in peak sabbatical wrestling shape. Give those turkeys heck this spring.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Yep had a time. First covid for the 4th time then flu-b and a bacterial infection at the same time. Top that off with kidney stones and gout and I am good! LOL  Just tlet me at those sabbaticals!
Hoping to get the gout under control before NWTF in Nashville. I keep having flare ups.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Old Swamper

YoungGobbler