OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Patterning apps?

Started by Marc, January 08, 2024, 01:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

Anyone have any experience with patterning apps?

I am looking at this one, and wondering if anyone has any experiences with this app or others?

http://www.targettelemetrics.com/
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Tom007

Looks interesting for sure...

mcw3734

Never heard of it, looks interesting though and appreciate that somebody built it. I sometimes dwell too much on micro-metrics enough already and this might do more harm than good for me.

Marc

Quote from: mcw3734 on January 08, 2024, 11:11:19 AM
Never heard of it, looks interesting though and appreciate that somebody built it. I sometimes dwell too much on micro-metrics enough already and this might do more harm than good for me.

Just purchased a new gun...

Honestly, for most turkey hunters this is probably "over-kill," but for patterning steel loads in different chokes for waterfowling, this could potentially be a HUGE time saver...

Still, even for turkey hunters, I believe is shows POI verses POA, shows holes in the pattern, and gives very accurate pattern density evaluations...

The app is free, and you purchase the paper...  I would certainly save a couple sheets to pattern for turkey hunting...  Would be very curious to compare full to extra-full chokes with the loads I shoot at 30 yards and 40 yards...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.