OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Barrel Threading a NEF 20ga

Started by mullet dredge, January 02, 2024, 03:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mullet dredge

I have a New England Firearms Pardner 20ga with a fixed Mod barrel. Would like it get it threaded, preferably in Remchoke threads. Anyone had it done? Is there enough "meat" in the barrel for Remchoke or should I consider other thread options? Already own numerous Remchoke tubes and would prefer to stick with that thread pattern. Thanks in advance!

krm944

jordanz7935

Had my h&r topper 20 ga threaded by Mike Orlen. I had mine threaded for winchoke/ invector threads. My gun is the youth turkey gun with 22" barrel, there was just enough "meat" on the barrel to have it threaded for remchoke. But I elected to go with winchoke to leave more meat on the barrel, just as added insurance shooting heavy tss loads. He does great job threading with quick turnaround. My topper patterns great with a kicks .560 choke shooting #9 TSS.

ChesterCopperpot

I had mine done in tru-choke and it worked exceptionally well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChesterCopperpot

Ranger

The NEF 20s have more barrel thickness than the 12s, Sumtoy has done two NEF guns and a Winchester 37A for me and they're killers
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough