turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Brush pants

Started by Meleagris gallopavo, December 17, 2023, 07:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meleagris gallopavo

After last year I decided to ditch leafy pants and just use the jacket like many of you do.  What pants do you wear in the turkey woods that don't let caught on everything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

ChesterCopperpot

I prefer leafy bottoms and no leafy top, so I'm a bit weird in terms of this conversation, BUT if you just flat need some brush busting britches I really like First Lite's Saw Buck Brush Pant. They're high as hell but you can catch them on sale every once in a while. Great pants. They're a lot more comfortable than any other briar pant I've ever worn. Don't feel heavy. Good stretch.

Kylongspur88

Leafy pants are pretty useless for me because of the way they get caught on everything. I wear the top and regular camo pants with snake gaiters. The gaiters help keep stuff from getting stuck on my pant legs.

Meleagris gallopavo

Brush pants are EXPENSIVE!

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Notsoyoungturk

I bought some brush pants last year to pheasant and quail hunt.  You can find them on Ebay for a lot less than retail.

I wear Ol'Tom pants with my North Mountain leafy jacket.  On the pants, I use the pot call holder for my phone and  the striker holder for my old man readers. I find the pockets work better for those items than calls.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

RiverBuck

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on December 17, 2023, 10:03:27 AM
Brush pants are EXPENSIVE!

Don't look at the Sitka Mountain or Timberline pants if you think the brush pants are expensive.. I'd check out eBay.

ChesterCopperpot

If you don't need brush busting capability my main considerations are stretch and knees. I tend to wind up crawling a good bit so doubled up knees are a must. I like Nomad and Ol' Tom a lot and neither break the bank.

Bowguy

BDUs. Its not thick like rabbit hunting

troutfisher13111

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on December 17, 2023, 09:22:45 AM
I really like First Lite's Saw Buck Brush Pant.

How loud are they? I hate the swooshing sound some pants have.

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: Terry on December 17, 2023, 11:18:09 AM

Can't say that I've ever noticed it while walking in them, but I just washed them yesterday and they're sitting here beside me and just rubbing the material together there's definitely more sound than a lot of other materials.

3bailey3

I like Kuiu attack pants!

crow

Quote from: Terry on December 17, 2023, 11:18:09 AM
Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on December 17, 2023, 09:22:45 AM
I really like First Lite's Saw Buck Brush Pant.

They sound just like George's swooshy pants on that Seinfeld episode

slicksbeagles1

Look into Columbia bush pants for upland hunting! Or you could check out light weight hunting chaps, I rabbit hunt , you can look up https://okiedogsupply.com/mule-chaps/ or https://www.stonecreekhounds.com/post/wick-materials-is-back.  You can wear them and when it gets hot you can take them off when you get to where you are going and put them back on when you move. I forgot to mention don't get the waterproof lining unless it's cold where you hunt or they get hot like sweaty on the inside and pants.

soILstrutter

I really like Wrangler "ATG reinforced utility" pants. They actually started offering them in camo as well. It's their own camo, and not offered in your standard brands, but it should suffice.  I used to love the wrangler camo denim jeans. These are the closest thing i have found, and they have some flex to them, with pretty good pockets.I use the standard ones for deer tracking, and have found them to be thick enough through the legs to withstand your average brush patch. [url]https://www.amazon.com/ATG-Wrangler-Mens-Reinforced-Utility/dp/B0BNN5W2WH/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=wrangler%2Bcamo%2Bpants%2Bfor%2Bmen&qid=1702915179&sr=8-3&th=1&psc=1/url]

OJR

I second the Wrangler pants. Well made and not expensive.