OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

One Of Our Members Had Knee Replacement Surgery Yesterday - Prayers

Started by Greg Massey, November 30, 2023, 09:22:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Yesterday Turkeybutt had Knee replacement surgery and everything went well with the surgery.  Let's keep him in our prayers for a fast recovery.

trad bow

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Tom007

2eagles

I had a new knee March 27 and was turkey hunting end of April. Hopefully you will heal quickly!
Good luck

Turkeybutt

Thank you all for the thoughts, kind words and prayers. I really appreciate it.

Gmed

Turkeybutt

Make sure you do the therapy bud. It really helps in the healing.

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

crow

Hey Turkey butt, prayers fro your healing and speedy recovery, hope your felling better.

Turkeybutt

Thanks Crow. This was a much needed replacement and if done correctly and I do my home exercises and take therapy  seriously I might be able to run with the big dogs this Spring.

Tom007

GobbleNut

Quote from: Turkeybutt on December 01, 2023, 02:20:38 AM
Thanks Crow. This was a much needed replacement and if done correctly and I do my home exercises and take therapy  seriously I might be able to run with the big dogs this Spring.

I know several people who have had knee replacements and all of them have said it has made all the difference in the world as to their mobility.  The whole thing sounds scary as heck, but apparently the replacement surgery has been perfected to a degree that it must be pretty routine for us old guys that have worn our knees out.  I have no doubt you will be running with the big dogs before too long!   :icon_thumright:  :D ;D

NCL

Both of my knees have been replaced, right 2008 and left 2011. The best advise I can give you is do your physical therapy. I was off crutches in three weeks, driving in a month with the right knee replacement. The worse part is the first couple of days and that was more because I was in the hospital. You will be running with the big dogs sooner than next spring. Good luck and good thoughts. If you have any questions about recovery I can relate my experience

eggshell

Well, never thought I'd be praying for a Butt. However, in this case I pray the butt heals quickly :laugh: ;D