turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Turkey-Related Artwork

Started by GobbleNut, November 22, 2023, 11:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

Over the years, I have come to have a lot of turkey artwork, mostly from NWTF banquets.  I have a bunch of framed prints, as well as a bunch of the bronze sculptures that were part of the banquet packages over the last thirty years or so.  I suspect this is a long shot, but if anybody is interested in obtaining any specific pictures or sculptures, or turkey artwork in general, let me know. I am in the process of trying to reduce the amount of "stuff" I have collected over the years...   ;D

Yoder409

I also have more framed turkey prints than I have walls to hang them on.   :z-dizzy:

I hope you have better luck getting rid of your "stuff" than I have.    :help:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

310 gauge

I know where both y'all are coming from! I used to go to at least 4 Ducks Unlimited Banquets a year, a Delta Waterfowl, and of course an NWTF when we had one in our area. Prints, bronzes, decoys, and other collectables have really added up. Under beds, in closets, rotated on walls, and a spare bedroom have become the catch all of these "deals" that I had to have. Now the turkey calls are nudging out the other hobbies that I had as a youngster always in pursuit. The shipping on most of this accumulation would be almost cost prohibited and the loss of the actual cost I paid a joke. I don't have a "Man Cave" as such and the semi-sized one my Son has is full of "his stuff." I've always wished someone would start an indoor yard sale for sportsman only items, sort of a chain deal a couple of times a year. I saw a couple of tables at a gun show once and actually bought more super discounted "deals" I really didn't need. At 300 dollars to rent a table though I never pursued it. My Wife and children won't see the same sentiment I do for these dust collectors I'm sure and my Son will probably head out West on a few trips that ultimately I should have taken!   

GobbleNut

Yep, I would be willing to get rid of a lot of the stuff just for the cost of shipping and handling, but even without any profit included, the cost of S&H is significant enough to dissuade potential buyers.  "The Boss" wants me to just donate a bunch of it to local charities for fundraisers, but the problem is that there aren't that many "non-turkey-fanatic" folks that have an interest in a framed print of turkeys.  ;D

Mossberg90MN

Quote from: GobbleNut on November 22, 2023, 11:12:36 AM
Over the years, I have come to have a lot of turkey artwork, mostly from NWTF banquets.  I have a bunch of framed prints, as well as a bunch of the bronze sculptures that were part of the banquet packages over the last thirty years or so.  I suspect this is a long shot, but if anybody is interested in obtaining any specific pictures or sculptures, or turkey artwork in general, let me know. I am in the process of trying to reduce the amount of "stuff" I have collected over the years...   ;D
I may be interested! Do you have some photos of what's available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kygobblergetter

I'd like to see some pictures as well. I'd like some framed turkey prints if the prices aren't too crazy

GobbleNut

I can post pictures of the prints (about fifteen of them) I have that I am wanting to find a home for, but here is a brief description:
They are all fairly small (roughly 20"X20" +/- outside frame dimensions).  Most are limited-edition, signed and numbered prints of wild turkeys in various settings (and with corresponding stamps) from the NWTF "state chapter president" editions of the prints (I have the 1997 to 2009 prints). 
...I also have the NWTF medallion collection (framed) from 1976 to 2007 if anybody is interested in that sort of thing.

Again, I am happy to post pictures of these if there is any real interest but I wanted to describe what I have first to give folks an idea of what I have available...   :icon_thumright:

Tnandy

Would be interesting also. break out the pics

GobbleNut

Here is a sample of some of the pictures I have that are wanting a home.  Have quite a few more that are similar...will post pics of them if desired. 
(file corrupted...had to reload...)

Mossberg90MN

What's the asking price for the first one?

GobbleNut

...A couple more...
(file corrupted...had to reload)

GobbleNut

Quote from: Mossberg90MN on November 28, 2023, 01:45:24 PM
What's the asking price for the first one?

I will have to check on shipping cost before I could give an accurate price on any of the pictures.  Based on past experience shipping stuff like this, I am speculating that it would run around $75 to $100 to cover packaging and shipping cost, but that is just a guess at this point.  I will look into it and try to get a more accurate number if there is genuine interest in any of the pictures I have. 

Note: shipping cost for more than one picture will probably be about the same as for one if I can get multiple pics in one package. ...Might be worth considering for those that might be interested...

Mossberg90MN

Yea let me know how's that goes. Wouldn't mind scooping up that very last photo you put up as well.

GobbleNut

To those who have expressed interest in some of my stuff, I will look into the cost of shipping (one and/or more) and get back to you.  I will also post more pictures of the other items as I get them uploaded (having trouble with the interface between my phone, my computer, and imgur, but I think I can sort it out with a little more effort).

Also, those that have spoken first for something will have first priority, assuming the cost is not prohibitive. 

In addition (to the administrators), I understand that this thread may not be compatible with the rules for selling stuff on the site.  If it turns out that I need to move this to the misc. classified section at some point, please advise me and we will sort it out over there.  My apologies upfront for any heartburn caused.  This thread was started just to see if there was any interest to begin with.  :)  :icon_thumright:

GobbleNut

Here are a couple more...and still working on uploading others... (my tech skills are suspect)  ;D