turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Retay Masai Mara

Started by NightHawk24, November 21, 2023, 08:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightHawk24

In the market for a semi-auto 20GA for the '24 spring season. Was initially set on the Benelli M2, but my local shop has a pretty good pride on the Retay. Never owned a Retay so don't have a ton of familiarity with them. Just curious on what your guys' opinions on it may be for those of you that have shot it, and for those of you that have shot both how they have shot in comparison to one another? Thanks in advance and Happy Thanksgiving!

davisd9

I looked at them but at the time I did not find a huge choke selection. I am sure that has changed. I bought the SA-20 field gun. Before last year I bought the Beretta A300 ultima and love it. I would buy the Beretta again in a heartbeat. Good luck with your choice!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

bigdrumnc

For what it's worth...two buddies took them to North Dakota duck hunting,  both never made it back to NC.  Both guys said they were the worst shot guns they have owned.  A trip to scheels and a swipe of the visa fixed that.

Turkeyfever

I have the turkey version of the Retay Masai Mara and absolutely love it. Great shooting gun and I really like how it feels in my hands. The gun has been hard on the Gobblers!

Stingray

I bought a 20 gauge turkey with 22in barrel, big disappointment, at 25 yds it was about a ft low, traded it for another m2

DBuck90

So my opinion I have both the Retay and a benelli m2 I have never had an issue with either of the guns
I personally love mine it's 2 inch shorter on barrel length takes the same chokes as my benelli I got better patterns I bought mine $300 dollars cheaper I didn't have to buy a spring kit like I did for my
Benelli I personally shouldn't have to buy a $30 dollar spring kit so I don't get the benelli click Retay fixed that issue only thing I will say about my benelli is that it is lighter but not by much and I feel I can swing it better but since I purchased a Retay my benelli hasn't been out the case 3 different out of state hunts last year and the Retay is what I took to get the job done

Bingoman

I've hunted a few seasons with a mm22" turkey. It shoots a little low for poa(not an issue with an optic), and didn't cycle apex 9s very well. I'd say the roll crimp on those apex loads was garbage  though. It's cycled every other ammo pretty reliably.