turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington 28 gauge 870

Started by NCSWAMPFOX, November 17, 2023, 10:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCSWAMPFOX

have 28 gauge 870 in safe that needs setting up for turkey gun. anyone have any thoughts or pics they can post of 28 gauge?

PharmHunter

Drill and tap it for a Fastfire, get a Sumtoy or Indian Creek choke and kill all the turkeys you want.  Rogue 28ga loads have been impressive to me, but several options out there.

NCSWAMPFOX

Ranman

Agree with Pharm, Rouge ammo shoots well out of my 28ga. I would recommend.525 choke, plenty tight enough, but not too tight.

NCSWAMPFOX

ranman, what flavor .525 you running?

PalmettoRon

I shoot a Beretta 28 with a Jebs choke. Rogue works well in mine, but Foxtrot 9.5 is ridiculously lethal. The pattern at 40 yds is truly impressive.

I used the 28 exclusively Spring 2022 and I travel a good bit. It never failed me. Spring 2023, I used it on most hunts and again it never failed me.

There is no need to shoot a 12 ever again if using a subgauge gun with small TSS.

NCSWAMPFOX

dirtnap

Quote from: PalmettoRon on November 24, 2023, 07:15:55 AM
I shoot a Beretta 28 with a Jebs choke. Rogue works well in mine, but Foxtrot 9.5 is ridiculously lethal. The pattern at 40 yds is truly impressive.

I used the 28 exclusively Spring 2022 and I travel a good bit. It never failed me. Spring 2023, I used it on most hunts and again it never failed me.

There is no need to shoot a 12 ever again if using a subgauge gun with small TSS.

What constriction is the Jebs choke that you use?  I see they come in XX Full and X Full.  I have a Beretta a400 I was gonna try out this coming spring but was thinking about just rolling with the factory full. 

limhnger

Get a saddle mount so you won't have to mess with the drill/tap method. Not to many choke versions for a rem choke thread unless someone else started making them. Might try IC they may have started making one.  I've been shooting a pure gold for about 3-4 years no problems. Little thumper..

Ranman

Sorry for delay.. Indian Creek .525, I would also consider Trulock

Vintage

Have it drilled and taped and IC choke you will be good to go.

nthewild

I'd suggest trying a meadowcreek rib mount.  I too have drilled and tapped before, but I've since moved to rib mounted for my red dots.

runngun

Check out your factory full choke, it will surprise you I bet!!! Mine did excellent with Foxtrot Cherrybombs which are 1 1/2 9s Mine shoots great patterns. Trying to remember but close to 350/10

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.