OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bow hunting turkeys

Started by Brinkcalls, October 20, 2023, 06:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brinkcalls

Anyone else do it? I'm a bow hunter at heart. Been doing it since I was 10. We only get 1 bird in Minnesota so I like to make it last more than a day. Honestly while there is something about shooting them with a gun,  runnin and gunnin (bowin?) with a bow is too much fun and a challenge to say the least!

(No I don't use a blind, I like to be mobile)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

I fully intended to then had my last accident and then 3 shoulder surgeries. I truly still want to try but only if I feel I can make and ethical shot. Bow hunting is the only kind of hunting I ever loved as much as turkey hunting.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Turkeybutt

Congratulations on a great looking bird and with a bow no less. Cool!

Badger

Nice Bird.  I bow hunt turkeys in spring in Kansas and it exciting.

YoungGobbler

I would like to try with crossbow... But I don't bow hunt. Nice bird! Must be a good challenge to have clean, branches free, shot.

Hook hanger

I've killed them with a bow never used a blind yet. The best years I would take 7 long beards with bow then start using a shotgun after that. The big expanding broadheads make kills alot cleaner now a days in my opinion. Its definitely a challenge waiting for just the right shot teaches alot of patience.

Dougas

I have always wanted to, but never have. Perhaps, I will someday. Thanks for a bit of inspiration.

Brinkcalls

Quote from: Dougas on October 28, 2023, 02:53:11 PM
I have always wanted to, but never have. Perhaps, I will someday. Thanks for a bit of inspiration.
Gotta try it! I was super hesitant at first. Some can't even get em with a gun, and here I am with a bow...  but it's so much fun. Makes you really think about every little setup.

jhoward11

Running and gunning for turkeys with a bow, would be very challenging. I do hunt spring birds with a bow, but usually out of a blind. For some reason, they always see me draw back without a blind. Cu does to those who can get it done.

Brinkcalls

Quote from: jhoward11 on November 03, 2023, 01:07:33 PM
Running and gunning for turkeys with a bow, would be very challenging. I do hunt spring birds with a bow, but usually out of a blind. For some reason, they always see me draw back without a blind. Cu does to those who can get it done.
Do you use a decoy? They are almost a must. I've done it twice without one and it worked out with there being dead falls and stuff to block out my draw while he was moving.