News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fall season opener-It's a good day

Started by eggshell, October 14, 2023, 06:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crow

Quote from: Hook hanger on October 19, 2023, 09:50:32 PM
Killed another nice fall long beard 11" came in gobbling with his buddies this morning. Got to love them cool fall crisp mornings. Good luck to the other fall gunners!

Nice job  :icon_thumright:

Tom007

eggshell

nice job Hook hanger, It has been a very slow fall here. Birds won't talk and seem to be on the move a lot. I have seen a few, but not got any to work yet. I have let all the hens and young birds pass by so far. There are so many deer feeders anymore they just pile up on them and your screwed, since hunting baited areas for turkey is illegal. It literally makes half my areas off limits. A game warden once told me to stay 300 yards from feeders and I'd be ok, but the law here in Ohio does not define a distance. I wouldn't even want to hunt within 300 yards. I personally would outlaw baiting, but it'll never happen since it's now big business. The local hardware goes through tons of corn for deer bait. A local orchard sells deer apples by the skid. Thankfully all the family landowners agreed to not to allow baiting on all our lands (about 1,000 acres total). Now I watch the turkeys fly off the property when they hear the neighbors feeders go off. It's a half mile across a valley and they still hear it and take off. I know that at 8:00 AM the turkey flock is leaving, so I only hunt afternoons and evening there when they have full bellies and come back to loaf. To boot, the deer hunters cuss me out on public for spooking their deer.  I used to fall hunt and never have a conflict or see anyone, it was great. In the last 5 years the whole world has went nuts.

Boy a good rant is therapy for the soul, thanks for listening

Sir-diealot

Killed another nice fall long beard 11" came in gobbling with his buddies this morning. Got to love them cool fall crisp mornings. Good luck to the other fall gunners!
Congratulations to you.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

quavers59

I go in just a few hours. Been raining hard. My hunting partner saw a bunch of Scratching at the " Bases Of Trees".  Sounds like The work of Gobblers to me. Anyway- we have a plan to sit in that area and,I will be doing some Gobbler Yelping on my Steve Turpin Teak Box with a Beech Lid and a good Gobble or 2 from that Box and see what happens.
   Duck Season also opens today and that should move the Turkeys. Hopefully in my direction  as these guys are going to be shooting nonstop for awhile.

Turkeybutt

Hook hanger... Congrats on taking a fine bird.

YoungGobbler

Wow! Good job!!

YoungGobbler

Saw a few flocks recently... Starting to feel fired up... Next sathurday is GO time... Hope I can get on birds.

Turkeybutt

Say a prayer or two to the Turkey Gods!

YoungGobbler

Quote from: Turkeybutt on October 21, 2023, 06:51:29 PM

Oh please turkey god... Send me your dumbest bird, since I don't have much time.  :toothy12:

Do you think it can be enough?  :toothy12:

Turkeybutt

quavers59

Yesterday morning, I Lost Yelped a good 12 times as Loud as,I could on my Uncle Dickie Box. I heard a Gobble a good 30 seconds later at 8am.
   It is 5am/Monday as,Iwrite this and,I am going out soon to stand in Gunshot range of where,I heard that Gobble yesterday  morning.
    It is a plan anyway. Walking in with an Orange Hat on at 6.14am/1hour before Sunrise as Bow Deer Season is open in New York and ,I , don't  want to get Arrowed.
    Gotta go.

Zobo

That's awesome, I'm up to my neck in birds right now but I'd really like a G.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Sir-diealot

Quote from: quavers59 on October 23, 2023, 05:08:18 AM
     Yesterday morning, I Lost Yelped a good 12 times as Loud as,I could on my Uncle Dickie Box. I heard a Gobble a good 30 seconds later at 8am.
   It is 5am/Monday as,Iwrite this and,I am going out soon to stand in Gunshot range of where,I heard that Gobble yesterday  morning.
    It is a plan anyway. Walking in with an Orange Hat on at 6.14am/1hour before Sunrise as Bow Deer Season is open in New York and ,I , don't  want to get Arrowed.
    Gotta go.

Be careful, some people will shoot at anything. Best of luck to you.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

YoungGobbler

Quote from: YoungGobbler on October 22, 2023, 06:38:00 PM
Quote from: Turkeybutt on October 21, 2023, 06:51:29 PM

Oh please turkey god... Send me your dumbest bird, since I don't have much time.  :toothy12:

Do you think it can be enough?  :toothy12:
Quote from: Turkeybutt on October 23, 2023, 02:42:06 AM
Might just do it, ya never know!
Well... It did work... Not so much of a 'dumb' bird, but a bird that wanted things to go fast! I'll do a post later.