turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fall season opener-It's a good day

Started by eggshell, October 14, 2023, 06:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggshell

I will be back in the woods messing with turkeys again this mornning, yeah for me. I know fall hunting isn't real popular here, but i love it. I get way more interaction with the birds than spring hunting. It's just so much more fun then staying home and splitting firewood  :)

callmakerman

Love the fall turkey season in NY. It's an awesome time to be in the woods before winter gets here and hunting behind a turkey dog is something everyone should do.

Kylongspur88

Good luck. Fall gun starts here in a few weeks. I love chasing them in the fall as much as the spring. Deer hunting is just something I do in between turkey seasons.

Happy

Good luck Eggshell. I hope you have a great time.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

tal

I enjoy the fall woods. Always fun playing with turkeys.

crow

Fall turkey is a lot of fun, great time to be out.
Hope you have a great season

eggshell

It was a ho hum morning as birds were really quiet and I saw no sign where I usually find birds. I finally found 4 longbeards and I blew my set up and had to let them walk, because I couldn't get a clean shot. Later in the afternoon I got a hen and poult grouo to work, but I am hunting gobblers for now. I am tired and stiff this morning. This old body doesn't stay in shape like the younger version......

Sir-diealot

Hope you have some luck, wish I could be out there too. Hope to see a picture or two of some Fall birds. Only been doing it 3 years maybe 4 in the Fall but really do enjoy it, may like it more than Spring just because of the weather and the colors.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

greentrout

Here in Tennessee it was all quiet for me yesterday. Saw a lone bird in a corn field on the way home. So far, quiet again this morning. I have seen lots of scratching around the oaks and tracks but it's been a continuation of my spring season. Not hearing any birds or seeing any when hunting.
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

eggshell

Been quiet here too. I didn't hunt this morning (church first) but this afternoon I got a lone bird to answer twice and then it went silent and never showes it's self.

YoungGobbler

Hope you have a good season!

it opens on the 28th here, but I didn't went scouting yet so I don't really know where birds are. Hope I can find them and get on them because it's only one weekend here.

YoungGobbler

Quote from: eggshell on October 15, 2023, 07:17:09 PM
Been quiet here too. I didn't hunt this morning (church first) but this afternoon I got a lone bird to answer twice and then it went silent and never showes it's self.
Just curious, the answer you had was a gobble or a yelp?

eggshell

Just  yelp and a cluck, that's all. Today was total silence, but I did see some hens and poults (not what I'm after right now).

quavers59

Fall Season opens up on October 21st in my area of New York. Over Run with Hens. Looking to Bag one.
    October 28th in New Jersey. Looking forward to that opener as well.

Hook hanger

Killed another nice fall long beard 11" came in gobbling with his buddies this morning. Got to love them cool fall crisp mornings. Good luck to the other fall gunners!