turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Shannon Kelly / New Call Site

Started by Greg Massey, September 24, 2023, 01:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

For those who may not know, Shannon has his new site up and running: Shannon Kelly Game Calls .... He has the new design Pintail calls on the site for sale ... So check-out his new site and see his new multi-colored calls for sale ...

tal

Tom007

Tom007

Turkeybutt

Congratulations Shannon!
Great site!
Check it out people, I'm sure you will find something you like.

Brinkcalls

Nice! If we ever had pintails come through, I'd get one.

Unreal pushpin as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Gobbler

Quote from: Greg Massey on September 24, 2023, 01:59:41 PM
For those who may not know, Shannon has his new site up and running: Shannon Kelly Game Calls .... He has the new design Pintail calls on the site for sale ... So check-out his new site and see his new multi-colored calls for sale ...
Greg , thank you !

Getting the site made up  was something I've been putting off for a quite some time ..it's still under construction at I'll be updating the pictures...and adding YouTube videos .it's far from being completed ...and I have other types of calls under development...

Most people that know me from turkey hunting have absolutely no idea how serious of a waterfowler I am ...and vice versa

If you want it done right ...you got to do it yourself ! So as may of you know I started building my own turkey calls decades ago ,My late father and me had a good size turkey call business 30 plus years ago ...I have a affinity for pushpins , people have contacted me already to see if I'm selling push pins there , and the answer is ..I don't know , and definitely NOT taking or accepting names to any list for those ..call flippers would love that

Duck calls ... I have a completely different outlook on duck calls and that is species specific ...alot of ducks whistle, and I have been slowly 1 by 1 engineering and designing whistles for certain ducks that NOBODY has given any serious thought into ..I also do some things no other duck call maker does ...I'll play my call up against live recordings of actual ducks calling at the same time to demonstrate the correct frequency and calling accuracy ...

I have a black bellied / fulvous call that works so good I can't make them fast enough...it's deadly

Then I came up with a American Wigeon call that is so good sounding...that too ...can't build em fast enough

North American Pintail ...I spent years working on this one ..the end result is a call I'm completely amazed with , it is extremely realistic..I'm also hopelessly backed up on with orders to the point I have to now give some serious thought into retirement at ups , because 80 -90 hour combined work weeks is not going to keep me on the right side of the grass at this rate ..and my  family is getting very annoyed

Anyways, I'm always working on making the most realistic sounding calls

Thanks for the kind words --Shannon

ShannonKellygamecalls.com

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

sasquatch1

I don't duck hunt much anymore as the hunting just continues to decline (far south Louisiana) but those duck calls are on point!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

zelmo1

These calls sound better than they look. I think some ducks will actually order them as they sound better than real ducks. Z

ChiefBubba

Quote from: Old Gobbler on September 24, 2023, 11:39:58 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on September 24, 2023, 01:59:41 PM
Greg , thank you !

Getting the site made up  was something I've been putting off for a quite some time ..it's still under construction at I'll be updating the pictures...and adding YouTube videos .it's far from being completed ...and I have other types of calls under development...

Most people that know me from turkey hunting have absolutely no idea how serious of a waterfowler I am ...and vice versa

If you want it done right ...you got to do it yourself ! So as may of you know I started building my own turkey calls decades ago ,My late father and me had a good size turkey call business 30 plus years ago ...I have a affinity for pushpins , people have contacted me already to see if I'm selling push pins there , and the answer is ..I don't know , and definitely NOT taking or accepting names to any list for those ..call flippers would love that

Duck calls ... I have a completely different outlook on duck calls and that is species specific ...alot of ducks whistle, and I have been slowly 1 by 1 engineering and designing whistles for certain ducks that NOBODY has given any serious thought into ..I also do some things no other duck call maker does ...I'll play my call up against live recordings of actual ducks calling at the same time to demonstrate the correct frequency and calling accuracy ...

I have a black bellied / fulvous call that works so good I can't make them fast enough...it's deadly

Then I came up with a American Wigeon call that is so good sounding...that too ...can't build em fast enough

North American Pintail ...I spent years working on this one ..the end result is a call I'm completely amazed with , it is extremely realistic..I'm also hopelessly backed up on with orders to the point I have to now give some serious thought into retirement at ups , because 80 -90 hour combined work weeks is not going to keep me on the right side of the grass at this rate ..and my  family is getting very annoyed

Anyways, I'm always working on making the most realistic sounding calls

Thanks for the kind words --Shannon

ShannonKellygamecalls.com

LOL I knew this for a very long time! I need to get some of the new calls. Bubba

silvestris

How do your whistling callers perform for kee keeing for turkeys.  For many years I have been using a Wingsetter duck call with one side taped up for Kee Keeing and leaving both sides open for using as a hawk call.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Old Gobbler

Quote from: silvestris on September 25, 2023, 04:21:06 PM
How do your whistling callers perform for kee keeing for turkeys.  For many years I have been using a Wingsetter duck call with one side taped up for Kee Keeing and leaving both sides open for using as a hawk call.
I'm looking into it ...the thing with kee kees is that the sound of young birds change as they get older ... September birds sound different than January birds and so on

I actually keep keeping year round , and have cked in hens in the spring and killed the gobbler in tow
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

shoer2

arkrem870

I'll buy a pintail call when the are back in stock.
LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS

WV Flopper

I am ignorant to the way of duck hunting, I have only ever jump shot them on my local river. Went this morning to scout for ducks.....do you make a call to run off eagles? Eagles have the woodies pushed up under the banks and afraid to come out.  I have seen it here before, but this morning was worse than ever. At a minimum there were three eagles flying around squeaking, had a flock of roosted turkeys stirred up as well.

I really like the push pin call on your page. One day, maybe I will be fortunate enough to luck into one of those.

Very nice work Sir!