turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Goals

Started by zelmo1, August 21, 2023, 12:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougas

Just a few of the many I have, are to deadlift 400 pounds, bench press 200 pounds and squat 300 pounds. Widen my turkey hunting opportunities and increase knowledge and skills for turkey hunting. Hunt with friends and family more than I hunt by myself, which, I have always hunted by myself and enjoyed it immensely and to be a little more outgoing and easygoing.

So far, I'm at 200 pounds deadlift, 150 at bench press and 170 at squat. I have acquired a property that is about 500 acres that butts up to thousands of acres of national forest and timber company land and have 2 more properties in the works and I will be taking my grandson out with me every chance I get and have made plans to be hunting with old buddies more often than not. Well on my way to fulfilling those goals.

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: Dougas on August 26, 2023, 10:10:32 PM
Just a few of the many I have, are to deadlift 400 pounds, bench press 200 pounds and squat 300 pounds. Widen my turkey hunting opportunities and increase knowledge and skills for turkey hunting. Hunt with friends and family more than I hunt by myself, which, I have always hunted by myself and enjoyed it immensely and to be a little more outgoing and easygoing.

So far, I'm at 200 pounds deadlift, 150 at bench press and 170 at squat. I have acquired a property that is about 500 acres that butts up to thousands of acres of national forest and timber company land and have 2 more properties in the works and I will be taking my grandson out with me every chance I get and have made plans to be hunting with old buddies more often than not. Well on my way to fulfilling those goals.
Get it man!  I miss powerlifting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

guesswho

Not trying to hijack the thread, but if you want to see some funny videos google "Anatoly powerlifter videos"
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Happy

Get after it, man! My oldest boy is into powerlifting. He is built for it. Me, I am just cranking the weights and cardio to stay in good shape. My max bench is his warm-up.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Dougas

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on August 27, 2023, 07:38:28 AM

Get it man!  I miss powerlifting...

I stared lifting when I was 57. I got into powerlifting when I turned 58 when I my grandson started competing in powerlifting. I just turned 59 and my goal is to improve in progression while keeping my joints safe and in the end, just be strong when I am in my eighties. It sure has made hunting more enjoyable. I might walk 2 to 5 miles behind locked timber company gates into an area for turkeys and deer. Walking, lifting and aerobic exercise is a very good goal to improve the overall enjoyment of life in general and hunting specifically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

My max bench was 365 one time but I was seeing dots by the time I got it to the top, sure was glad I had two people spotting me. Always be sure to have a spotter.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Dougas

I lifted weights from the time I was 19 to the time I was 23 previously. I did bench press competitions and my best competition bench press 305 at 132 pounds body weight. After all these years, muscles do have a memory. I picked it up pretty easily.

Paulmyr

Quote from: Dougas on August 28, 2023, 07:58:10 PM
I lifted weights from the time I was 19 to the time I was 23 previously. I did bench press competitions and my best competition bench press 305 at 132 pounds body weight. After all these years, muscles do have a memory. I picked it up pretty easily.

My muscles have memory too. They remember that I don't use them as often as I should and remind me of the fact every time I do!
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

eggshell

I do well to lift 200 lbs of dead weight out of bed, off the couch to go to the bathroom or to the dinner table. I try to be in good enough shape to turkey hunt and work around the place and gardens....after that I ain't lifting no dumb bell (I just walk around him ).

Greg Massey

My power lifting, is rising 6 pounds + or  - shotgun on a spring gobbler ... LOl...

I agree with egshell , just good to lift myself in everyday life ...lol....

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: nativeks on August 23, 2023, 05:41:51 PM
Pay off the house- Should be done in the next 45 days.
Get a new/newer tender for our VFD-Next 5 years
Fully fund kids college- Off to a good start. I have 5 and 8 years respectively till they are in college. I want them to have no student debt.
My wife has early onset alzheimer's at age 38 so I will be taking care of her and getting her to drug trials until she passes. We have about 8 years and the last few won't be good unless some of these trial meds work really well.

Prayers for strength and healing for you and your family my OG brother. I hope the treatment goes well  :cross2:

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

nativeks

Mark off 1 goal. As of 1015 today our house is paid for. We are 100% debt free.

zelmo1

Congrats bro, big step to retirement. Z