turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Goals

Started by zelmo1, August 21, 2023, 12:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derek

When I was 12 years old my father called up 3 beautiful longbeards to 25 yards, they danced, strutted, gobbled, spit and drummed right in front of me for what seemed like hours.. I was so enamored by the experience and fearful of them seeing my movement I froze and let them walk out of sight without ever touching the trigger of that single shot 20ga.

My goal is to never lose my ability to find that feeling in the spring woods. 
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

Howieg

My goal is to be a good Stewart of what I've been blessed with .

nativeks

Pay off the house- Should be done in the next 45 days.
Get a new/newer tender for our VFD-Next 5 years
Fully fund kids college- Off to a good start. I have 5 and 8 years respectively till they are in college. I want them to have no student debt.
My wife has early onset alzheimer's at age 38 so I will be taking care of her and getting her to drug trials until she passes. We have about 8 years and the last few won't be good unless some of these trial meds work really well.

Turkeybutt

Quote from: nativeks on August 23, 2023, 05:41:51 PM
Fully fund kids college- Off to a good start. I have 5 and 8 years respectively till they are in college. I want them to have no student debt.
My wife has early onset alzheimer's at age 38 so I will be taking care of her and getting her to drug trials until she passes. We have about 8 years and the last few won't be good unless some of these trial meds work really well.
Good goals to have and it appears you are on the right path. Sorry to hear about your wife but let's hope there are some new advances in treatments  and one of the new meds help or cure. God bless!

eggshell

Nativeks, My heart sunk when I read your post. I struggle to imagine such a scenario at a young age. I helped care for my  mother through terminal illness and you will need some help. Please allow people to help instead of burning yourself out. You have set some lofty goals and I admire your resolve. I will pray for your strength, wisdom and prosperity. There is no greater force in all creation than Love and all your goals are rooted in love. Be blessed

Greg Massey

Quote from: Turkeybutt on August 24, 2023, 04:40:37 AM
Good goals to have and it appears you are on the right path. Sorry to hear about your wife but let's hope there are some new advances in treatments  and one of the new meds help or cure. God bless!
X2 ... My friend and lots of prayers for your wife and family

Meleagris gallopavo

I'd love to lose about 30 lbs.

Life in general, I'm satisfied with staying the course.

So far as hunting I plan on practicing with my duck and turkey calls so I can be proficient as possible.

A goal I've struggled with is being satisfied with having "enough" turkey calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Happy

So sorry to read this natives. Prayers sent, and I hope the best for you and your wife and children. Hopefully you guys have a wonderful and long life together

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Farmboy27

I'm heart broken to read this.  While we all have our own opinions about hunting on this forum, I truly believe that most on here have good intentions and big hearts!  And at the end of the day we're all just one big disfunctional family!  And I think that it's safe to say that we're all pulling for your wife and family!! 

JeffC

Prayers to you and your family nativeks,  :jesus-cross:
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

zelmo1

Your family is in our prayers Nativeks. You are a good man and I wish you all the best. Love your family and work for them. You are an inspiration to us all brother. Z :jesus-cross:

Sir-diealot

Sorry to hear that man, prayer for you and her.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Gobbler428

Please know that you and your family are in my prayers

YoungGobbler

My main goal is just to work and hunt... Work to get to be well and to get to yours ages and be well and hunt because it just sets my hearth on fire and I love it.

nativeks

Thanks guys.

We will be in Indianapolis at the University of Indiana Alzheimers Research center in about a month. If anybody has restaurant recommendations let me know.