OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Thinking of a new face camouflage

Started by sugarray, July 05, 2011, 09:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarray

So I have looked at Cabela's and over the internet and have come up with 2 things I think I'd like to try.

Anyone have this face mask?  Any reviews?
http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/search/pid1218090-Outdoor-Evolution-Turkey-Mask/1218090-341&FSR=1

Also, tell my why you love paint.

Thanks, guys.  Also, thinking of both for my son as well.

ctwny1

I myself think this would be too hot to wear.

Woodsman4God

Good question, I wonder if it fogs up glasses as it is moisture wicking? I have though about face paint also as I wear glasses just not sure what type

drenalinld

I tried that UA mask on in a store. It seemed hot and restrictive. I don't like anything over my ears. Sometimes I wear a full mask, but I cut out holes for my ears. The fabric over my ear can cause some hearing loss, but just small movements of my head can make huge noise in the fabric over my ears and I may miss some important sound like DRUMMING. I prefer paint to have total vision and hearing, but that stuff usually makes my neck break out in a rash. For the most part I have settled on a half to 3/4 mask that is very soft material but does not cover my ears and the back of my head.

sugarray

Huh, well I won't buy one without trying it on then.  I want total concealment, and can tolerate some heat while sitting on a bird.  I use a full face mask and don't like it over my head and also don't like how much "white" is left around my eyes.  So far as I know it hasn't spooked birds, but wanted something to give better concealment.  I wear a baseball style hat too.  Huh, just looking at ideas.

drenalinld

I should also say I hunt a lot of days when the temp is 70 or higher.

natman

It sure looks too hot with the solid fabric on the back. I have tried full face masks and can't stand having to look through mesh all day. I'd want an eye hole of some kind.

sugarray

Quote from: natman on July 06, 2011, 01:09:39 PM
It sure looks too hot with the solid fabric on the back. I have tried full face masks and can't stand having to look through mesh all day. I'd want an eye hole of some kind.

The UA mask is made like a 3/4 mask or half mask.  It is pulled up over your nose and ears and then lowered when you are not using it.  I looked the last time I was at Cabela's and they didn't have any in the store.  I am just not happy with the mesh full face mask and don't like the white oval around my eyes.  I'm not going to do both paint and mask.  I'll just use paint.  Maybe I can get the MIL to make me something more to my liking. 

mountman62

Man, some of you sare just way too peculiar, don't you watch any TV shows, most of them folks never wear a face mask or gloves especially in a blind, me personally, my face mask goes over my head when i leave the truck, i use a 3/4 mask with glasses, and my gloves go on when i leave the truck also right after i put a call in my mouth which i take out when i get back to the truck, never know when a big gobbler might holler at you right at the truck, i quit with the paint after all the weird looks in Wal Mart, forgot about it being on
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

Old Gobbler

I have had the same Quaker Boy Wire rim Face mask for 20 + years , I spray it with DEET and don't worry about a thing - I leave the mask on all day long

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

mountman62

Quote from: Old Gobbler on July 06, 2011, 11:17:29 PM
I have had the same Quaker Boy Wire rim Face mask for 20 + years , I spray it with DEET and don't worry about a thing - I leave the mask on all day long

what do you do about fogging up?? that's what i used to wear, but i have come to like to drop the 3/4 one down now
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

sugarray

I have one similar to that and the same concern is there, that big white oval around my eyes.  I may just be worrying about something that doesn't matter, but I don't like how much white is left around my eyes.

TRKYHTR

Why don't you just put a little eye black around your eyes and use your old head net? I use the Primose 3/4 headnet that is a little tight. I like the 3/4 masks because I can drop it down around my neck when not in use. I can see and hear alot better when it's down around my neck.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

sugarray

This is what I am planning to do right now.  Just wanted to hear others opinions.  Yes, I was lazy and didn't search first, though.

sugarray

I am not trying to look like a lobster, which I would.