OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dura touch

Started by tracker#1, July 27, 2023, 01:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tracker#1

I'm glad to have seen a recent post about Browning Dura Touch...sending BPS was smooth, and from the date shipped to returned, the day was exactly 30 days. I shipped it in the original box and requested it be returned, and they did. I'm very happy with the camo, which was the original, but the NWTF "logo" is not, missing the "circle" and kind bummed about that. All in all quality dip...

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

OJR

Tom007

My Cynergy should be back any day. They had the stocks in my color camo in hand, they told me 4-6 weeks. I sent it off May 25th. I talked to them a week ago, they said I should get it back soon. Can't wait....

Turkeybutt

Looks good in the photo. I would be a little upset about the logo but you can live without it.
What does something like that run?

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

tracker#1

It didn't cost anything but my time, gas to and from the UPS store. The cost was covered by Browning. The stock finish was Dura touch, which turns "sticky". There was a class action lawsuit that Browning honored.

Tom007

Got my Browning Cynergy back today. They Re-Dipped the Stock and Forearm. It came out perfect. It did not cost me anything, Kudos Browning. The gun wasn't supposed to be done till November. Great customer service.

Chief Razor

Quote from: Tom007 on August 29, 2023, 05:56:38 PM
Got my Browning Cynergy back today. They Re-Dipped the Stick and Forearm. It came out perfect. It did not cost me anything, Kudos Browning. The gun wasn't supposed to be done till November. Great customer service.

Im curious about when you sent yours? I sent mine in several months ago and its still just showing that they have begun the process of redipping. Wondering if it will be back before early duck season...

Yoder409

Tok my Super X3 around 6 months.  No biggie, because I didn't need it to hunt.

The one thing that stuck in my craw was what it cam back dipped in.  The gun is an SX3 Waterfowl 3.5".  It was dipped in Realtree Max 4 HD.  A marsh pattern.  Great for a waterfowl gun.  I bought the gn to hunt turkeys (got a smokin' deal on it) so the Max 4 HD worked fine.  But just seemed a little daffy.So, in speaking to them on the phone I asked if the gun was going to be totally stripped and re-dipped.  "Yes".  "Could you just do the re-dip in Bottomland, then ?"  "No.  We have to re-dip it in the original pattern so as to not alter the collector value of the gun".   :TooFunny:  The collector value of a SX3 !!!!!   :TooFunny:

Whatever.  So, the gun comes back.......dipped in Mossy Oak Blades.  Another marsh pattern.  But NOT the original finish.  I mean........ it's basically a brand new gun.  But, not what I wanted.  And there goes my collector's value.   :character0029:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Chief Razor

So mine is a browning maxus in max 4. They told me the original pattern was no longer available so I had to pick one of several options currently available in the lineup. I did chose bottomland, guess we will se in a few more months.

Tom007

Quote from: Chief Razor on August 29, 2023, 06:00:46 PM
Got my Browning Cynergy back today. They Re-Dipped the Stick and Forearm. It came out perfect. It did not cost me anything, Kudos Browning. The gun wasn't supposed to be done till November. Great customer service.

Im curious about when you sent yours? I sent mine in several months ago and its still just showing that they have begun the process of redipping. Wondering if it will be back before early duck season...

Sent it first week in June. A week ago, they told me it would be done first week in November. Got the call today it was done. I am happy with the job....

Tom007

Quote from: Yoder409 on August 29, 2023, 07:19:07 PM
Tok my Super X3 around 6 months.  No biggie, because I didn't need it to hunt.

The one thing that stuck in my craw was what it cam back dipped in.  The gun is an SX3 Waterfowl 3.5".  It was dipped in Realtree Max 4 HD.  A marsh pattern.  Great for a waterfowl gun.  I bought the gn to hunt turkeys (got a smokin' deal on it) so the Max 4 HD worked fine.  But just seemed a little daffy.So, in speaking to them on the phone I asked if the gun was going to be totally stripped and re-dipped.  "Yes".  "Could you just do the re-dip in Bottomland, then ?"  "No.  We have to re-dip it in the original pattern so as to not alter the collector value of the gun".   :TooFunny:  The collector value of a SX3 !!!!!   :TooFunny:

Whatever.  So, the gun comes back.......dipped in Mossy Oak Blades.  Another marsh pattern.  But NOT the original finish.  I mean........ it's basically a brand new gun.  But, not what I wanted.  And there goes my collector's value.   :character0029:

Mine is the Real Tree Max 5. Good camo pretty much anywhere....

painterjp

I sent back 4 A-Bolt Rifles and 1 Gold NWTF Edition and was happy with everything except the NWTF decal was the new Logo instead of the Original one. They did get all back to me within 9weeks.

Chief Razor

Quote from: Tom007 on August 29, 2023, 09:02:31 PM
Quote from: Chief Razor on August 29, 2023, 06:00:46 PM

Sent it first week in June. A week ago, they told me it would be done first week in November. Got the call today it was done. I am happy with the job....

I called today as I have yet to see an update and mine also went end of May. I was told end of November it should be done.