turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cellular trail cameras that don’t suck

Started by Swampchickin234, July 15, 2023, 11:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swampchickin234

Any recommendations?   Besides tactacams?  Have 4 of them and have been fairly pleased.   Anything out there worth a look this summer?  Have had horrible luck with Moultrie, stealth cam, muddy, wild game, covert.  Only interested in cellular cameras. 

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joey46

I'm sure some have an answer but are afraid to post. One of the forums delicate topics. We are firm on fair chase you know. Good luck.

Mathews.1

Spartan cameras work really well. The would recommend them to anyone.

Paulmyr

Quote from: joey46 on July 15, 2023, 11:55:16 AM
I'm sure some have an answer but are afraid to post. One of the forums delicate topics. We are firm on fair chase you know. Good luck.
That was a big help to him. I'm sure he'll be running out to get one of them ASAP!
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

nativeks

I like my Browning. It stays strapped to the same Kentucky Coffeetree year round.

Tail Feathers

I don't use cellular cameras, but have had a Mediase game cam for over a year and it takes good pics.  Not the best, but maybe the best for the money. Sometimes it washes close night shots out some, but takes good night photos a bit further from that no glo flash.
I bought a second one but haven't used it yet.  It may be worth looking into on Amazon to see if the cell versions is well reviewed.  The prices seem right.  $40 for the non cell version I bough a week ago.  Example photo:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

guesswho

I run Cuddebacks.   If you're looking for high quality pictures to be sent to you phone you wouldn't like the Cuddebacks.   They send small files via text, they aren't bad, just not as good as what's on the card.   The ones you get via email are better, but still not like what is saved to the cards.  I personally don't care about that, if there are pictures I want to keep, I save them from the card when I pull them.  The advantage of the Cuddeback is you can run up to 24 cameras in one area on one cell plan.  One of the cameras is the home camera, the others send their pictures to it.   Then the home camera sends all the pictures to your phone and email.  As far as reliability goes I haven't had an issue in the two years I've had them.  If you want to see sample pictures that are sent to the phone pm me and I'll send you a couple.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

nativeks

I do buy alot from these guys. They have some good reviews, and the put every camera through a series of tests before offering it for sale. When I have had technical questions they have been great about answering them. https://www.trailcampro.com/

Spring Creek Calls

I have a couple Bushnell Cellucore cams and very pleased with them.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Yoder409

I don't monkey with the cellular cams.

But my Cuz runs Tactacam Reveal with superb results.

Another buddy runs Stealthcam, Simmons and Bushnell.  All of them seem to take good images.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Swampchickin234

Thanks for the information guys, appreciate it.   

Swampchickin234

Quote from: joey46 on July 15, 2023, 11:55:16 AM
Incredibly helpful post.

ccleroy

Moultrie Edge, I swore off Moultries for years after faulty products....but these new edge cameras perform just as good as my tactacams.

ElkTurkMan

RECONYX they are pricey but worth every penny. Plus they are American made and have a 5 year warranty. Mine have performed flawlessly.

Howieg

Tactacams are the only ones I've had any luck with .