turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

28 SBE 3 info

Started by zelmo1, July 11, 2023, 12:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

I ordered a SBE 3 28 gauge recently and will take any and all info anyone has to offer. I will be shooting TSS #9/9.5's for turkeys with a Swampfox Green Dot. Waterfowl chokes should be fine with what comes with it. Thanks, Z

Guskie

Congrats! Should be a super nice gun. I've looked at them but couldn't figure out how to mount a red dot. The rib seems tall for a meadow creek mount and I wasn't sure if you could mount on the two part receiver.

zelmo1

I have a new Swampfox Liberty green dot for it. If that doesnt work, I have a couple dead ringer sights that I use on most of my guns. I was shooting Indian Creek chokes in my SA-28 so if I go to an aftermarket choke I will start there. Sumtoy and patternmaster will be an option if I cant get what I want from the IC, but I have a feeling that it will be workable. The new " Boss" bismuth loads are going to be fun to try out on ducks too. God Bless, Z

PalmettoRon

I got one several months ago. Mine is super nasty with a Jebs turkey choke and Foxtrot 9.5's(1 1/2 oz).

It's also so light that you hardly know you're carrying it.

Enjoy!!

WV Ridge Reaper

Please post back once you get to shooting some patterns.. very interested in this gun 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zelmo1

I will do some serious pattern work when I get the gun in about 2 months. I will choose 3/4 chokes to try and pick the best for me and my hunting style. I am looking at an IC .520, Kicks .505, Patternmaster .515 and a Jebs XXFull( I emailed for constriction numbers). I ordered some Boss bismuth for ducks, I think one of the stock chokes will be fine for that. Z

PharmHunter

Absolutely love mine.  Patterned fantastic with Rogue 9.5's and Indian Creek choke.  Killed several turkeys this season. Recently picked up a Rob Roberts Raptor choke for it just because, and haven't patterned it yet but look forward to trying it out as well.  Hope you like it!

zelmo1

I am waiting impatiently

zelmo1

Got the gun early, now I'm waiting on the chokes I chose to test. I will shoot it tomorrow for sporting clays, I may explode. This gun points tremendously well, I cant wait.Z

zelmo1

More patterning will be forthcoming, initial turkey load testing has been less than desirable so far. The Boss bismuth testing however has been surprisingly good, Modified choke and IM were effective to 35/40 yards on paper. I may try the full and a turkey choke for the sake of science. Different loads or chokes are in the future also. Z

Greg Massey

Which model did you get of the 28 SBE 3 ?

mike103

Not a SBE but I bought a Benelli Super Sport 28 gauge 28" barrel.

Bought it for upland game and have not been disappointed. Shot skeet, sporting, quail, pheasants and chuckers with the gun. It's a really fun gun and I have enjoyed it immensely. It is very light and fun to carry.

Thought about buying a SBE for turkey hunting but I have so much 12 and 20 ammo on hand. I went down the rabbit hole with every other fad of ammo that came out over the past 20 years but I'm not keen on jumping on the TSS craze. My nephews did and the stuff really works in a 410.

I tried to post pictures but this is the only site I have trouble with. Can't post pictures. Drives me crazy.

zelmo1

I got the 28 gauge 26" MOBL. Pattern work this weekend if the weather permits. Z

Tom007

Quote from: zelmo1 on September 15, 2023, 01:19:45 PM
I got the 28 gauge 26" MOBL. Pattern work this weekend if the weather permits. Z

How did you make out Z....
"Solo hunter"

Decoyin Drake

Look at the Apex Greenleaf pattern I just posted with a Trulock 520 yds choke
That's the ethos but the sBE pattern was only 4 less pellets